Where do we go with next hire?

I still feel pretty certain that I am right about that unspoken handshake agreement that B1G coaches don't go to intra-conference schools. Every example people threw out didn't apply to that scenario, and I'm trying to find any info to back it up but I swear I remember hearing plenty about this when we first joined the conference.

Rick Kaczenski - Iowa's defensive line coach from 07'-11' and jump shiped to Nebraska for the same position in 12'

Does that count?

This one and Larry Johnson leaving PSU for OSU when Meyer took over are the only that come to my mind.

An interesting choice from Jeremy Pernell, Sal Sunseri: https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?articles/the-case-for-sal-sunseri.98/

Not sure what position on D we'd be looking for, so this could make sense as a DC assistant of sorts. Would be great to have two on staff with 3-4 experience. He's an ace recruiter too.

Do we need a safeties coach or will Donte do the whole secondary?

• Fire 1

An interesting choice from Jeremy Pernell, Sal Sunseri: https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?articles/the-case-for-sal-sunseri.98/

Not sure what position on D we'd be looking for, so this could make sense as a DC assistant of sorts. Would be great to have two on staff with 3-4 experience. He's an ace recruiter too.

Do we need a safeties coach or will Donte do the whole secondary?

I'm all for the hiring of the most Italian defense in college football

• Fire 1

I always need a visual to see where we are at with coaches and assignments.

So, we have

Offense:

Langsdorf OC/QB

Cavanaugh O Line

Davis RB

K Williams WR

Defense:

Diaco DC

Bray LB

Parella D Line

D Williams DB

There is a chance we would bring in a TE coach with special teams experience. If we go to 10 coaches, I see us then adding another DB coach.

I'd like to see us bring in another OL coach. This is a area of need if we are going to be consistent in the Big 10.

If Cav doesn't get much better production from the OL in '17, we'll probably be looking at a different OL coach. His group has underwhelmed the last 2 years, and they don't have a mobile QB to hide pass pro problems.