Where do we go with next hire?

Unless Tavita is planning to leave - which has been rumored but seems less likely the longer it goes - the plan is to hire another defensive coach now and hire Tavita as a full-time coach in April when the 10th coach (presumably) gets final approval. As a TE coach it seems likely that he would also help with the OL.

Unless Tavita is planning to leave - which has been rumored but seems less likely the longer it goes - the plan is to hire another defensive coach now and hire Tavita as a full-time coach in April when the 10th coach (presumably) gets final approval. As a TE coach it seems likely that he would also help with the OL.

If he stays, I agree with this. I purposely didn't put him on my list because he currently is a GA and the rumors he is leaving. I agree though, the longer he sticks around, the less likely he is leaving.

I also agree that a TE coach should be able to help with the O Line, especially since the TE works with the O line so much in blocking schemes.

I still feel pretty certain that I am right about that unspoken handshake agreement that B1G coaches don't go to intra-conference schools. Every example people threw out didn't apply to that scenario, and I'm trying to find any info to back it up but I swear I remember hearing plenty about this when we first joined the conference.

Rick Kaczenski - Iowa's defensive line coach from 07'-11' and jump shiped to Nebraska for the same position in 12'

Does that count?

This one and Larry Johnson leaving PSU for OSU when Meyer took over are the only that come to my mind.

Chris Ash left Ohio State to take the HC job @ Rutgers. He also had a previous stint at Whisky before he left with BB to roll down to Arky for a year.

I still feel pretty certain that I am right about that unspoken handshake agreement that B1G coaches don't go to intra-conference schools. Every example people threw out didn't apply to that scenario, and I'm trying to find any info to back it up but I swear I remember hearing plenty about this when we first joined the conference.

Rick Kaczenski - Iowa's defensive line coach from 07'-11' and jump shiped to Nebraska for the same position in 12'

Does that count?

This one and Larry Johnson leaving PSU for OSU when Meyer took over are the only that come to my mind.

Chris Ash left Ohio State to take the HC job @ Rutgers. He also had a previous stint at Whisky before he left with BB to roll down to Arky for a year.

DJ Durkin went straight from Michigan to Maryland

• Fire 1

Does that count?

DJ Durkin went straight from Michigan to Maryland

Those are upgrades though. Kaz and LJ were lateral moves.

Seems conceivable that we might need a safeties coach. We were going that round initially when we hired Donte it sounded like. It might be good to split that role up anyway since it sounds like that'll be completely new to Williams. Definitely should be a hire with expertise in the 3-4 so Diaco can do more coaching players and less teaching coaches.

Seems conceivable that we might need a safeties coach. We were going that round initially when we hired Donte it sounded like. It might be good to split that role up anyway since it sounds like that'll be completely new to Williams. Definitely should be a hire with expertise in the 3-4 so Diaco can do more coaching players and less teaching coaches.

I wonder if we would possibly go Defense with both our openings... if 10th is approved.

Safeties Coach

OLB Coach

With one of or both of them taking over ST as well.

I can't decide if I'd rather have that or a TE/Asst OL Coach - Tavita.

How many programs have both a CB and a S assistant coach? If they add a 10th position and Riley can find a dynamic recruiter where it helps to have both, OK cool. Otherwise, it seems like a waste. I'd rather have a full time TEs coach and then add a full time QB coach to let DL roam in practice more and have someone on the sidelines during the games.