2017 State of the Huskers - Quarterback

Mavric

Agree with the above sentiments. I think it's Lee's job to lose.

Lee wasn't brought here to not play. He was all but "promised" the gig, as long as all things are equal he will start.

i guess that promise is not a glowing endorsement for POB........this could be dangerous and blow up in Riley's face. Or, look for more Tulane transfers........ :P:P:P

Lee would have to really suck once the games start to lose the #1 job to POB.

Lee wasn't brought here to not play. He was all but "promised" the gig, as long as all things are equal he will start.

That's speculation.

Yep! That is why it is in quotes.

I passed on some of the "inside" info on Lee and that was pretty much what was said.

It was also said that the staff was all but praying he would get to play this last season...

That's speculation.

I passed on some of the "inside" info on Lee and that was pretty much what was said.

It was also said that the staff was all but praying he would get to play this last season...

I'm sure they were trying to get the waiver so Lee could play in 2016. Instead, Lee gets the waiver to play in 2018, and the coaches have to smooth things over with POB.

That's speculation.

I'm sure they were trying to get the waiver so Lee could play in 2016. Instead, Lee gets the waiver to play in 2018, and the coaches have to smooth things over with POB.

Yep! It was a 1 in a million shot but they were willing to take the chance. I don't blame them. But from the stuff I got from "you know who" Lee was all but lightly penciled in to be starting last season.

i guess that promise is not a glowing endorsement for POB........this could be dangerous and blow up in Riley's face. Or, look for more Tulane transfers........ :P:P:P

If you're willing to fire your best friend as Defensive Coordinator, you're not going to be loyal to any quarterback who isn't your best chance to win.

• Fire 5

That's speculation.

Yep! It was a 1 in a million shot but they were willing to take the chance. I don't blame them. But from the stuff I got from "you know who" Lee was all but lightly penciled in to be starting last season.

guess we will find out if POB is a fighter for playing time.......and whether he has learned as much as has Lee.......this is going to be an interesting spring and fall.......

If Lee starts this year and POB doesn't get a considerable amount of playing time then he will jump ship at the end of next year. He isn't going to stick around to competing against Gebbia for second string. Just isn't going to happen. I Had some buddies who have mutual friends with POB and those friends told my buddies that POB was not happy at all when Lee came in as that was working against promises that were made to him by coaches. Coaches will need to decide this spring if The difference in talent between Lee and POB is so great with Lee that it is worth risking four potential years of POB possibly running the show. If they are almost even they should play POB and give him experience and a possible four years. POB is a long term investment. Lee is not.

If Lee starts this year and POB doesn't get a considerable amount of playing time then he will jump ship at the end of next year. He isn't going to stick around to competing against Gebbia for second string. Just isn't going to happen. I Had some buddies who have mutual friends with POB and those friends told my buddies that POB was not happy at all when Lee came in as that was working against promises that were made to him by coaches. Coaches will need to decide this spring if The difference in talent between Lee and POB is so great with Lee that it is worth risking four potential years of POB possibly running the show. If they are almost even they should play POB and give him experience and a possible four years. POB is a long term investment. Lee is not.

not only that, but if Lee was promised time over POB, it hurts your recruiting word going forward. guys don't like that, better to say nothing other than competition will be here always......but POB should man up too and work to start, not show signs of defecting.....two edged sword for sure.

If they are almost even they should play POB and give him experience and a possible four years. POB is a long term investment. Lee is not.

I disagree with this logic because, as we've seen for the last eight years now, four years of starting experience doesn't always mean much. The counter argument is Tanner has essentially two years of starting experience already under his belt, a luxury unknown to POB. This will probably have a big impact in the competition.

Of all the things to consider, whether or not POB can play for four years is irrelevant to me.

• Fire 1

I'm not anywhere near the vicinity of the Tanner Lee hype machine. Kid was a below average QB at a below average program. Let's hope that 1. the competition is honest, and 2. the legit best man starts, regardless if that's Lee or POB. I do, however, have a sneaking suspicion that it won't matter in 2018.

I'm not anywhere near the vicinity of the Tanner Lee hype machine. Kid was a below average QB at a below average program. Let's hope that 1. the competition is honest, and 2. the legit best man starts, regardless if that's Lee or POB. I do, however, have a sneaking suspicion that it won't matter in 2018.

Does your analysis of Lee take into consideration that he played with a broken finger on his throwing hand in his second season and also missed time due to a concussion?

Does your analysis of Lee take into consideration that he played with a broken finger on his throwing hand in his second season and also missed time due to a concussion?

Yes.

Yes.

Tough crowd.

• Fire 1