2017 State of the Huskers - Quarterback

Mavric

i would be shocked if it was not lee.......he is getting some nfl hype at the moment, and likely will be next nu qb

Well on paper Lee has the experience, but I would not count out POB. That guy is a competitor and I believe has a lot of confidence in his abilities. We are fortunate that this will be the first time in 8 years or more than NU has 2 guys that are natural passers. This should really help not only on gameday, but also during practice as there should be some rhythm the team can get into. I would love to see Riley try to go up-tempo at some point if the team can get into a good rhythm understanding the offense. The biggest concern for the 2017 passing attack is a lack of a running game. We really need to prove that we can rush the ball in order to keep the other team's Defense honest.

The problem I see is the time table + pulling the trigger. I do not want to see anyone fail. But you have to sit someone down and insert the next guy when it affects the outcome of a game(s) over a stretch period. Unlike baseball hitters, these guys hit their stride quickly and it becomes "what you see is what you get". So, I'm not for a two year developemental process by theory.

TL;DR: What you see by week 6 is pretty much what you are stuck with. Make a move or labor on hoping for potential to materialize.

• 3 weeks later...