CB Mario Goodrich [Clemson- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

88 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Goodrich commit?

• Nebraska
    • Missouri
    • Notre Dame
    • Florida State
    • Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Georgia
    • LSU
    • Clemson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/2018 at 02:12 PM

• 2 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Did he tell Rivals that Riley isn't getting fired after visiting this week?

Coaches are employed to do certain stuff and saying they will be around is part of that. TN's coach still says he is going to be around next year too. They are always around until they are not. 

Some say he is going to step down. 

What else would the coaches say. "Yeah I am getting s#!t canned at the end of the year" 

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

Coaches are employed to do certain stuff and saying they will be around is part of that. TN's coach still says he is going to be around next year too. They are always around until they are not. 

Some say he is going to step down. 

Where do you hear he might step down? Anything published or hear say?

12 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Supposedly decommiting soon.

No surprise to you or I know Matty.  A thought that does come to my mind moving forward is how this and other recruits are thinking about :bigredn: in terms of bringing a Chip Kelly or Scott Frost.  I get the "decommit" thing ... ya, but if :bigredn: brings either of those guys I would think that is a major upgrade in their eyes from MR.  MR was and still is a .500 coach with an upset every other year of some Top 20 team.   I get that MR is a relationship guy, a nice guy ... but hey, look at Frosty ... he's all that as well and will even strap on a helmet and play QB if he needs to.  As well, he isn't gonna be retired in 3-4 years.  

Well, hopefully, a recruit like this will see the tradition of :bigredn: and hang around and reconsider once the new coach is hired.  I hope.

27 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

No surprise to you or I know Matty.  A thought that does come to my mind moving forward is how this and other recruits are thinking about :bigredn: in terms of bringing a Chip Kelly or Scott Frost.  I get the "decommit" thing ... ya, but if :bigredn: brings either of those guys I would think that is a major upgrade in their eyes from MR.  MR was and still is a .500 coach with an upset every other year of some Top 20 team.   I get that MR is a relationship guy, a nice guy ... but hey, look at Frosty ... he's all that as well and will even strap on a helmet and play QB if he needs to.  As well, he isn't gonna be retired in 3-4 years.  

Well, hopefully, a recruit like this will see the tradition of :bigredn: and hang around and reconsider once the new coach is hired.  I hope.

I think all you Frost fans over estimate how he might be viewed by an 18 year old recruit.  Unless he's already recruiting them for UCF, his reputation with a them is likely no different than it is w/Joe Schmo coach at another school.  The existing class and those on the fence are not going to suddenly say "whew, if it's Frost I stay".  

• Mavric changed the title to CB Mario Goodrich
  • Mavric unpinned this topic