Iceman Prediction Time

So if we barely crack the Top 25 in recruiting, some of you are actually arguing that it's unfair to compare that to Bo's overall recruiting results, which averaged #26, and that we're just "bashing" HCMR? Sorry, but that's just plain baloney. I'm calling a spade a spade, and barely top 25 is barely top 25, no matter the coach. I don't care who the recruiters are; I just want results.

On the topic of Rafdal, if he goes to Baton Rouge on an OV, Orgeron will snag him, I have no doubt. Heck, he flipped a commit from Oklahoma this morning. Orgeron is elite, something we don't have. Makes me wonder how things would be different now, if Riley would've hired Coach O instead of Banker.

I am very excited about the possibility of Blades being N...

What's up with you and this whole Rafdal to LSU thing? This is your second long post about that. It's been stated multiple times he is not visiting and his offer was not committable. Us or Iowa.
Was unaware of that. On another board I post on (tigerdroppings) there are still some people claiming he's visiting this weekend.
Okay this has to be FLU
You just now figure that out?

I had my suspicions, like Rike. Wasn't sure until now with the LSU/Rafdal deal. This guy won't give up...

Background for those of us who are too new to understand this?

Never go full FLU, you must NEVER go full FLU.

So if we barely crack the Top 25 in recruiting, some of you are actually arguing that it's unfair to compare that to Bo's overall recruiting results, which averaged #26, and that we're just "bashing" HCMR? Sorry, but that's just plain baloney. I'm calling a spade a spade, and barely top 25 is barely top 25, no matter the coach. I don't care who the recruiters are; I just want results.

On the topic of Rafdal, if he goes to Baton Rouge on an OV, Orgeron will snag him, I have no doubt. Heck, he flipped a commit from Oklahoma this morning. Orgeron is elite, something we don't have. Makes me wonder how things would be different now, if Riley would've hired Coach O instead of Banker.

I am very excited about the possibility of Blades being N...

What's up with you and this whole Rafdal to LSU thing? This is your second long post about that. It's been stated multiple times he is not visiting and his offer was not committable. Us or Iowa.
Was unaware of that. On another board I post on (tigerdroppings) there are still some people claiming he's visiting this weekend.
Okay this has to be FLU
You just now figure that out?

I had my suspicions, like Rike. Wasn't sure until now with the LSU/Rafdal deal. This guy won't give up...
Background for those of us who are too new to understand this?
A guy who lives in Baton Rouge, LA that has been banned like 15 times already and always come back with a sockpuppet account but is too stupid to lay low and blend in. Always gives it away by talking up LSU. Couple years ago he was obsessed with this QB Narcisse who apparently was interested in Nebraska but Pelini wouldnt recruit him. FLU...well I think he was Nebraska Assasin at that time was so butt hurt about this it was pathetic.
  • Fire 2

Pelini and his staff began to recruit Narcisse at the end of Bo's tenure, after watching him perform against the RB from Newman that we were after (Kendall Bussey, who ended up at A&M.) When HCMR took over they stopped recruiting him, saying they were focused on pro-style QBs only. Narcisse is an early enrollee at LSU. He'll be battling it out with Myles Brennan for the starting spot in 2018.

Worked with the recruiting class calculator a bit and did the absolute best case scenario and included Lewis, Lenoir, Blades, Johnson, Calvin, Daniels, Rafdal and threw in Verdell just for kicks. What blows my mind is that even with all of these guys, we would still be ranked 14th in the 247 rankings from last yeark and 2015 with around a 256 score. Crazy what you'd have to pull off to get a top 10 recruiting class.

Disclaimer: I realize that we will not be getting all of these guys in a class, just was curious how high we'd go.

My concern right now is that we're going to get stuck with a whole bunch of tiny guys on signing Day.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We don't need this many small guys. They are prone to injury at the next level and will be playing against huge guys that will be more of a challenge. You take a couple but not 5-6. Verdell is strong and low to the ground Lindsey is a beast, and then you take Calvin or Wallace. 3 at most.

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

My concern right now is that we're going to get stuck with a whole bunch of tiny guys on signing Day.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We don't need this many small guys. They are prone to injury at the next level and will be playing against huge guys that will be more of a challenge. You take a couple but not 5-6. Verdell is strong and low to the ground Lindsey is a beast, and then you take Calvin or Wallace. 3 at most.

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

Is there statistics that show smaller guys are injury prone?

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

Wallace would be on the defensive side of the ball I believe. Unfortunately I think Lewis is our only shot at one of those big receivers unless they have some that we don't know about. Grimes sounds firm on USC and Thompson likely to Utah.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We have KJJ and 2 6'7 TE's. We are looking for 1 more big bodied WR, but you absolutely want all the speed and playmakers on the field that you can get. I dont care what size these guys are they are electric with the football in their hands and they can play multiple positions.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

This is why I had Robinson higher on my board. I felt he was a TE prospect but a fall back kid if we didn't land a possession type receiver.

All I can assume is the staff knows the need and has the info to make the best decision.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys at WR? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

An ideal finish would look like this:

-DLine: keep Deiontre and Deiontae and get Daimion Daniels

- LB: hold onto Guy, Andrew makes his grades

- DB: get Lenoir and Blades or one with Onyemaobi

- RB: flip from Verdell from Oregon

- WR: Get Calvin and a guy 6'0 or taller.

- TE: get Rafdal

That gives us 7 more on signing Day which puts us at 24 (two over in case of attrition or last minute academic casualties).

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

Wallace would be on the defensive side of the ball I believe. Unfortunately I think Lewis is our only shot at one of those big receivers unless they have some that we don't know about. Grimes sounds firm on USC and Thompson likely to Utah.

Yeah I know. Just saying we seem to struggle closing the bigger guys far from home. The only reason we got KJJ is because his dad played for Riley and they have to financial ability to come to his games. Jaevon was a player close to home. You look at the big guys we have gone after and they are all making family decisions. I think the big physical guy with speed is maybe a little more in demand and has a bit better options.

Grimes - stay close to home

Lewis - stay close to home

Thompson - Mormon kid who wants to play in or near Utah

Peoples Jones - stayed close to home at Michigan

Isaiah Hodgins - stayed closer to home and went to Oregon st

Terrell Bynum - stayed closer to home and went to Cal

Gebbias parents also have the finanaicla ability to go to his games.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

This is why I had Robinson higher on my board. I felt he was a TE prospect but a fall back kid if we didn't land a possession type receiver.

All I can assume is the staff knows the need and has the info to make the best decision.

Someone on the board (don't remember who) speculated he is an academic casuality, which is why he chose Memphis. Can sit out a year to get grades without having to go the juco route. Wouldn't qualify for the other schools.