Iceman Prediction Time

Pelini and his staff began to recruit Narcisse at the end of Bo's tenure, after watching him perform against the RB from Newman that we were after (Kendall Bussey, who ended up at A&M.) When HCMR took over they stopped recruiting him, saying they were focused on pro-style QBs only. Narcisse is an early enrollee at LSU. He'll be battling it out with Myles Brennan for the starting spot in 2018.

Welp, there it is.

• Fire 1

So if we barely crack the Top 25 in recruiting, some of you are actually arguing that it's unfair to compare that to Bo's overall recruiting results, which averaged #26, and that we're just "bashing" HCMR? Sorry, but that's just plain baloney. I'm calling a spade a spade, and barely top 25 is barely top 25, no matter the coach. I don't care who the recruiters are; I just want results.

On the topic of Rafdal, if he goes to Baton Rouge on an OV, Orgeron will snag him, I have no doubt. Heck, he flipped a commit from Oklahoma this morning. Orgeron is elite, something we don't have. Makes me wonder how things would be different now, if Riley would've hired Coach O instead of Banker.

I am very excited about the possibility of Blades being N...

Had Riley hired Orgeron instead of Banker, we would have been filling the D-coordinator spot last year after O would've left for greener pastures.

• Fire 1

My concern right now is that we're going to get stuck with a whole bunch of tiny guys on signing Day.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We don't need this many small guys. They are prone to injury at the next level and will be playing against huge guys that will be more of a challenge. You take a couple but not 5-6. Verdell is strong and low to the ground Lindsey is a beast, and then you take Calvin or Wallace. 3 at most.

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

We have KJJ and 2 6'7 TE's. We are looking for 1 more big bodied WR, but you absolutely want all the speed and playmakers on the field that you can get. I dont care what size these guys are they are electric with the football in their hands and they can play multiple positions.

yes, we have KJJ at 6'1" and 195 and we also have McQuitty at 6' and 190. Yes, I would love to have Jo Lewis at 6'2" and 205 but, it's not like we don't have some bigger receivers in the class than 5'9" and 165.

My concern right now is that we're going to get stuck with a whole bunch of tiny guys on signing Day.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We don't need this many small guys. They are prone to injury at the next level and will be playing against huge guys that will be more of a challenge. You take a couple but not 5-6. Verdell is strong and low to the ground Lindsey is a beast, and then you take Calvin or Wallace. 3 at most.

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

We have KJJ and 2 6'7 TE's. We are looking for 1 more big bodied WR, but you absolutely want all the speed and playmakers on the field that you can get. I dont care what size these guys are they are electric with the football in their hands and they can play multiple positions.

McQuitty is 6-1 with room to grow, too.

So if we barely crack the Top 25 in recruiting, some of you are actually arguing that it's unfair to compare that to Bo's overall recruiting results, which averaged #26, and that we're just "bashing" HCMR? Sorry, but that's just plain baloney. I'm calling a spade a spade, and barely top 25 is barely top 25, no matter the coach. I don't care who the recruiters are; I just want results.

On the topic of Rafdal, if he goes to Baton Rouge on an OV, Orgeron will snag him, I have no doubt. Heck, he flipped a commit from Oklahoma this morning. Orgeron is elite, something we don't have. Makes me wonder how things would be different now, if Riley would've hired Coach O instead of Banker.

I am very excited about the possibility of Blades being N...

Had Riley hired Orgeron instead of Banker, we would have been filling the D-coordinator spot last year after O would've left for greener pastures.

Sorry, he does not fit with the ethics & morals that is expected at UNL. This is why Bo was shown the door.

Pelini and his staff began to recruit Narcisse at the end of Bo's tenure, after watching him perform against the RB from Newman that we were after (Kendall Bussey, who ended up at A&M.) When HCMR took over they stopped recruiting him, saying they were focused on pro-style QBs only. Narcisse is an early enrollee at LSU. He'll be battling it out with Myles Brennan for the starting spot in 2018.

Welp, there it is.

And still not banned yet

Jamire Calvin - I honestly have no idea what to think. I guess I'll still go N.

Elijah Blades - I'm going to say N but USC scares me.

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Kurt Rafdal - I felt a lot better 10 days ago but I'll say we can beat out Iowa

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Final Class Ranking : Those six added to our class on 247 give us a score of 229.8. That would have put us 21st & 23rd the last two years so I'll say #22.

Yeah, sounding like Thompson is Utah so I'm changing my mind.

Josh Harvey not painting a very rosy picture. He says we finish with Blades, Rafdal, Daniels, Wallace and Onyemaobi and lose Thomas to Pittsburgh. None of the others listed nor Hawkins, Lenoir or Verdell.

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Final Class Ranking : Those six added to our class on 247 give us a score of 229.8. That would have put us 21st & 23rd the last two years so I'll say #22.

Josh Harvey not painting a very rosy picture. He says we finish with Blades, Rafdal, Daniels, Wallace and Onyemaobi and lose Thomas to Pittsburgh. None of the others listed nor Hawkins, Lenoir or Verdell.

Harvey lives down in Texas now. I'm not sure how great of a read he has on the pulse of the program anymore.

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

That would put us at #23 in last year's rankings, FYI.

I think we'll be a little rosier than that, just my opinion.

Well boys, the AA Game has come and gone and boy did those predictions blow! I mean, what the hell was I thinking? Shoot, it took me a couple weeks to recover fully, but I'm back with another round of predictions.

I think we're going to round out our 2017 class with 7 more commits.

Jamire Calvin- yes, he broke my heart, but it's obvious it wasn't fully his call. He will be N. ✅

Elijah Blades- It seemed crazy at first, but Bartow hopped on, now Schaefer. Then redux. Now the iceman. You boys can consider this a lock at this point.

Michael Onyenaiobi- Another talented guy DWill is going to reel in. Not the star rankings, but gotta believe he has some serious talent.

Greg Johnson- This might be the jewel of the class... Oh and of course, it'll be mostly thanks to DW. Lock it up. Throw the Commit Tag on him.

Damion Daniels- The big sexy will report to Lincoln come June. Book that sh#t. Reliable, strapping, young man hit me up with that piece of knowledge recently.

Kurt Rafdal- I'm not sure he is the stud TE we need, but he is the TE we deserve with how little we have used them. Chalk this one up to TT, earns TT a FT job this spring.

Jody Lewis- You thought we'd let him slip through the damn cracks? Think again Huskerboard. Jody been N for a loooong time. He's just been waiting for the Iceman to let the good people of HB know what up. SC will be reeling forever after this one slips out da yard.

Final Class Ranking : 13th.

GBR

Long Live Riley

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Harvey lives down in Texas now. I'm not sure how great of a read he has on the pulse of the program anymore.

You don't have to live in Lincoln to have a pulse on the program.

• Fire 1