ScottyIce

Iceman Prediction Time

Nobody should use the 2011 class for any side of an argument.

What a let down...

It's not really fair though. Many high ranked guys left and then some didn't pan out. i don't blame Bo for that.

The only thing 2011 proves is that you need multiple classes like that. Every program runs a risk of having an unproductive class. You have to have classes around it to cover.

• Upvote 1

I also like how he tried to say a top 25 class with open scholarships is similar to a Bo recruiting class! Lol anything to bring down the good work HCMR and crew have done on the recruiting trail this year. Im sure even better things are coming for the 2018 class since we now have our elite recruiters in place for a full cycle

I mean .... that's pretty true, isn't it?

Mav, I truly don't recall. Are you mad Bo got fired and Riley replaced him?

I'm pretty sure I do.

2010 - 27th

2011 - 16th

2012 - 31st

2013 - 22nd

2014 - 36th

Average 26th using 247 Composite

And if you don't think there were complaints about unused scholarships, you haven't been paying attention to recruiting very long.

So actually I'd say I was pretty spot on.

I'll await your retraction and apology.

Lol, im not sure why my quote was included in that, you didn't answer my question and my question didn't really have anything to do with that "argument" you gentlemen were having...

Your quote comes off like you are calling him out for "Debby downing" this class by comparing it to a Bo class in his response to the first quote. Which Mav also proved to be factual. Your snarkiness in how you respond to certain posts would only lead people to believe this as your intention when you posed your question.

• Upvote 3

I also like how he tried to say a top 25 class with open scholarships is similar to a Bo recruiting class! Lol anything to bring down the good work HCMR and crew have done on the recruiting trail this year. Im sure even better things are coming for the 2018 class since we now have our elite recruiters in place for a full cycle

I'm pretty sure I do.

2010 - 27th

2011 - 16th

2012 - 31st

2013 - 22nd

2014 - 36th

And if you don't think there were complaints about unused scholarships, you haven't been paying attention to recruiting very long.

Lol, im not sure why my quote was included in that, you didn't answer my question and my question didn't really have anything to do with that "argument" you gentlemen were having...
Your quote comes off like you are calling him out for "Debby downing" this class by comparing it to a Bo class in his response to the first quote. Which Mav also proved to be factual. Your snarkiness in how you respond to certain posts would only lead people to believe this as your intention when you posed your question.
Gotcha. I posed the question because I frequently feel like Mav is against this staff and still patting the former staff on the back. That was the reason for the question, just honestly wanted to know where he stands.

Edit: also, I didn't want to even post it here, because it wasn't necessarily pertaining to recruiting at all.

Edit2: I was trying to sound sincere by saying "I truly don't recall"

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure I do.

2010 - 27th

2011 - 16th

2012 - 31st

2013 - 22nd

2014 - 36th

Gotcha. I posed the question because I frequently feel like Mav is against this staff and still patting the former staff on the back. That was the reason for the question, just honestly wanted to know where he stands.

Edit: also, I didn't want to even post it here, because it wasn't necessarily pertaining to recruiting at all.

Edit2: I was trying to sound sincere by saying "I truly don't recall"

I don't think Mav is for the old staff nor against the new. I think he just tends look at things in a more factual/realistic manner while others prepare a optimistic manner. Once in awhile here I think people get realistic/factual confused with pessimistic or negative. And both ways of looking at things are fine, it's all a personal preference. Good news is we'll be able to better compare in 1 week.
  • Upvote 2

Nobody should use the 2011 class for any side of an argument.

What a let down...

It's not really fair though. Many high ranked guys left and then some didn't pan out. i don't blame Bo for that.

That's what I mean. It looked amazing on paper but it just didn't end up moving any needles.

So if we barely crack the Top 25 in recruiting, some of you are actually arguing that it's unfair to compare that to Bo's overall recruiting results, which averaged #26, and that we're just "bashing" HCMR? Sorry, but that's just plain baloney. I'm calling a spade a spade, and barely top 25 is barely top 25, no matter the coach. I don't care who the recruiters are; I just want results.

On the topic of Rafdal, if he goes to Baton Rouge on an OV, Orgeron will snag him, I have no doubt. Heck, he flipped a commit from Oklahoma this morning. Orgeron is elite, something we don't have. Makes me wonder how things would be different now, if Riley would've hired Coach O instead of Banker.

I am very excited about the possibility of Blades being N...

So if we barely crack the Top 25 in recruiting, some of you are actually arguing that it's unfair to compare that to Bo's overall recruiting results, which averaged #26, and that we're just "bashing" HCMR? Sorry, but that's just plain baloney. I'm calling a spade a spade, and barely top 25 is barely top 25, no matter the coach. I don't care who the recruiters are; I just want results.

On the topic of Rafdal, if he goes to Baton Rouge on an OV, Orgeron will snag him, I have no doubt. Heck, he flipped a commit from Oklahoma this morning. Orgeron is elite, something we don't have. Makes me wonder how things would be different now, if Riley would've hired Coach O instead of Banker.

What's up with you and this whole Rafdal to LSU thing? This is your second long post about that. It's been stated multiple times he is not visiting and his offer was not committable. Us or Iowa.
  • Upvote 2

You remind me of a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOp5J3ZahEs

• Upvote 1

Jamire Calvin - I honestly have no idea what to think. I guess I'll still go N.
Elijah Blades - I'm going to say N but USC scares me.
Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC
Damion Daniels - N
Kurt Rafdal - I felt a lot better 10 days ago but I'll say we can beat out Iowa
Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Final Class Ranking : Those six added to our class on 247 give us a score of 229.8. That would have put us 21st & 23rd the last two years so I'll say #22.

What's up with you and this whole Rafdal to LSU thing? This is your second long post about that. It's been stated multiple times he is not visiting and his offer was not committable. Us or Iowa.

Was unaware of that. On another board I post on (tigerdroppings) there are still some people claiming he's visiting this weekend.

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Final Class Ranking : Those six added to our class on 247 give us a score of 229.8. That would have put us 21st & 23rd the last two years so I'll say #22.

Thompson to the Utes

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Thompson to the Utes

Why

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Thompson to the Utes

Why

God

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Thompson to the Utes

Why

God

Was that an in home visit?

• Upvote 1

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Thompson to the Utes

Yeah, you could easily be right.

I don't have a really good feel for him but I needed another WR to fill the class....

Always a good sign when you start offering guys enrolled at other schools. Amazing how quick things go from on top of the world (Blades de-commitment) to pretty low lows (not a great feeling on getting the two WRs we need). Let's get to another peak moment soon!

Recruiting truly is a roller coaster.

Was unaware of that. On another board I post on (tigerdroppings) there are still some people claiming he's visiting this weekend.

Okay this has to be FLU

Hahahahahaha

Good job outing yourself. Okay FLU how is Narcisse doing these days?

Okay this has to be FLU

You just now figure that out?

• Upvote 1

Okay this has to be FLU

There were signs but tigerdroppings gave it away

He is being somewhat tame. I mean he hasn't mentioned how he had Lowell Narcisse all signed, sealed, and delivered to NU if only the coaches would listen to him yet...

Kinda hard to blame the new staff for that...

I'm sure he can (and probably will) find a way before to long.

I would be interested to see how Narcisse has done up to this point.

The only silver lining is this I am GLORIOUS itteration has been better than GOAT. So maybe after another 20 sock accounts he will become a productive member.

To this point he's been pretty good. We'll really start to find out this fall. He committed to LSU last May, then decommitted and recommitted last month.

LSU has two four-star QBs committed for the 2017 class. So we'll see who wins out.

^ To answer ADS, Mavric had this to say.

Okay this has to be FLU

I had my suspicions, like Rike. Wasn't sure until now with the LSU/Rafdal deal. This guy won't give up...

Okay this has to be FLU

I had my suspicions, like Rike. Wasn't sure until now with the LSU/Rafdal deal. This guy won't give up...

Background for those of us who are too new to understand this?

Okay this has to be FLU

Never go full FLU, you must NEVER go full FLU.

Okay this has to be FLU

A guy who lives in Baton Rouge, LA that has been banned like 15 times already and always come back with a sockpuppet account but is too stupid to lay low and blend in. Always gives it away by talking up LSU. Couple years ago he was obsessed with this QB Narcisse who apparently was interested in Nebraska but Pelini wouldnt recruit him. FLU...well I think he was Nebraska Assasin at that time was so butt hurt about this it was pathetic.
  • Upvote 2

Pelini and his staff began to recruit Narcisse at the end of Bo's tenure, after watching him perform against the RB from Newman that we were after (Kendall Bussey, who ended up at A&M.) When HCMR took over they stopped recruiting him, saying they were focused on pro-style QBs only. Narcisse is an early enrollee at LSU. He'll be battling it out with Myles Brennan for the starting spot in 2018.

Worked with the recruiting class calculator a bit and did the absolute best case scenario and included Lewis, Lenoir, Blades, Johnson, Calvin, Daniels, Rafdal and threw in Verdell just for kicks. What blows my mind is that even with all of these guys, we would still be ranked 14th in the 247 rankings from last yeark and 2015 with around a 256 score. Crazy what you'd have to pull off to get a top 10 recruiting class.

Disclaimer: I realize that we will not be getting all of these guys in a class, just was curious how high we'd go.

My concern right now is that we're going to get stuck with a whole bunch of tiny guys on signing Day.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We don't need this many small guys. They are prone to injury at the next level and will be playing against huge guys that will be more of a challenge. You take a couple but not 5-6. Verdell is strong and low to the ground Lindsey is a beast, and then you take Calvin or Wallace. 3 at most.

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

My concern right now is that we're going to get stuck with a whole bunch of tiny guys on signing Day.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We don't need this many small guys. They are prone to injury at the next level and will be playing against huge guys that will be more of a challenge. You take a couple but not 5-6. Verdell is strong and low to the ground Lindsey is a beast, and then you take Calvin or Wallace. 3 at most.

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

Is there statistics that show smaller guys are injury prone?

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

Wallace would be on the defensive side of the ball I believe. Unfortunately I think Lewis is our only shot at one of those big receivers unless they have some that we don't know about. Grimes sounds firm on USC and Thompson likely to Utah.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We have KJJ and 2 6'7 TE's. We are looking for 1 more big bodied WR, but you absolutely want all the speed and playmakers on the field that you can get. I dont care what size these guys are they are electric with the football in their hands and they can play multiple positions.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

This is why I had Robinson higher on my board. I felt he was a TE prospect but a fall back kid if we didn't land a possession type receiver.

All I can assume is the staff knows the need and has the info to make the best decision.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

If we fill out the rest of our class with tiny receivers what good does that do? We have spielman and Pierson el, do we really need another 3 5'9ish 180lb guys at WR? We need the 6'2"-6'4" physical guy. Lewis, Grimes, Thompson, etc. if we lose out on these 3, we don't just go and find a tiny guy to replace them with.

An ideal finish would look like this:

-DLine: keep Deiontre and Deiontae and get Daimion Daniels

- LB: hold onto Guy, Andrew makes his grades

- DB: get Lenoir and Blades or one with Onyemaobi

- RB: flip from Verdell from Oregon

- WR: Get Calvin and a guy 6'0 or taller.

- TE: get Rafdal

That gives us 7 more on signing Day which puts us at 24 (two over in case of attrition or last minute academic casualties).

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

Wallace would be on the defensive side of the ball I believe. Unfortunately I think Lewis is our only shot at one of those big receivers unless they have some that we don't know about. Grimes sounds firm on USC and Thompson likely to Utah.

Yeah I know. Just saying we seem to struggle closing the bigger guys far from home. The only reason we got KJJ is because his dad played for Riley and they have to financial ability to come to his games. Jaevon was a player close to home. You look at the big guys we have gone after and they are all making family decisions. I think the big physical guy with speed is maybe a little more in demand and has a bit better options.

Grimes - stay close to home

Lewis - stay close to home

Thompson - Mormon kid who wants to play in or near Utah

Peoples Jones - stayed close to home at Michigan

Isaiah Hodgins - stayed closer to home and went to Oregon st

Terrell Bynum - stayed closer to home and went to Cal

Gebbias parents also have the finanaicla ability to go to his games.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

This is why I had Robinson higher on my board. I felt he was a TE prospect but a fall back kid if we didn't land a possession type receiver.

All I can assume is the staff knows the need and has the info to make the best decision.

Someone on the board (don't remember who) speculated he is an academic casuality, which is why he chose Memphis. Can sit out a year to get grades without having to go the juco route. Wouldn't qualify for the other schools.

Pelini and his staff began to recruit Narcisse at the end of Bo's tenure, after watching him perform against the RB from Newman that we were after (Kendall Bussey, who ended up at A&M.) When HCMR took over they stopped recruiting him, saying they were focused on pro-style QBs only. Narcisse is an early enrollee at LSU. He'll be battling it out with Myles Brennan for the starting spot in 2018.

Welp, there it is.

• Upvote 1

Had Riley hired Orgeron instead of Banker, we would have been filling the D-coordinator spot last year after O would've left for greener pastures.

• Upvote 1

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

We have KJJ and 2 6'7 TE's. We are looking for 1 more big bodied WR, but you absolutely want all the speed and playmakers on the field that you can get. I dont care what size these guys are they are electric with the football in their hands and they can play multiple positions.

yes, we have KJJ at 6'1" and 195 and we also have McQuitty at 6' and 190. Yes, I would love to have Jo Lewis at 6'2" and 205 but, it's not like we don't have some bigger receivers in the class than 5'9" and 165.

Lindsey - 5.8 1/2 180

Calvin - 5'10" 165

Hawkins - 5'9" 165

Wallace - 5'10" 180

Verdell - 5'9" 185

McQuitty is 6-1 with room to grow, too.

Calvin - Wazzu

Rafdal - N

Daniels - N

Onyemaobi - N

Blades - USC

Verdell - pulls a shocker and is N

Lewis - USC

Johnson - USC

Wallace - N

Thompson - Utah

Lenoir - N don't know why but I feel good about this one

• Upvote 1

Calvin - Wazzu

Rafdal - N

Daniels - N

Onyemaobi - N

Blades - USC

Verdell - pulls a shocker and is N

Lewis - USC

Johnson - USC

Wallace - N

Thompson - Utah

Lenoir - N don't know why but I feel good about this one

Flip Lenoir and Blades, and I can live with this.

• Upvote 1

Had Riley hired Orgeron instead of Banker, we would have been filling the D-coordinator spot last year after O would've left for greener pastures.

Sorry, he does not fit with the ethics & morals that is expected at UNL. This is why Bo was shown the door.

Welp, there it is.

And still not banned yet

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Yeah, sounding like Thompson is Utah so I'm changing my mind.

Josh Harvey not painting a very rosy picture. He says we finish with Blades, Rafdal, Daniels, Wallace and Onyemaobi and lose Thomas to Pittsburgh. None of the others listed nor Hawkins, Lenoir or Verdell.

Michael Onyenaiobi - N

Greg Johnson- USC

Damion Daniels - N

Jody Lewis - USC

Bryan Thompson - N

Yeah, sounding like Thompson is Utah so I'm changing my mind.

Josh Harvey not painting a very rosy picture. He says we finish with Blades, Rafdal, Daniels, Wallace and Onyemaobi and lose Thomas to Pittsburgh. None of the others listed nor Hawkins, Lenoir or Verdell.

Harvey lives down in Texas now. I'm not sure how great of a read he has on the pulse of the program anymore.