Recruiting Tangent Thread - MattyIce Edition

https://twitter.com/savageszniv/status/821587939289337856

I'm thinking we have a decent shot here. He's wavering... We got a CB early last month from a national guy who is typically pretty damn accurate.

I had to scroll back up to make sure Matty didn't post this lol

See, I don't really mind a little of this, because it's funny once. But in every thread it gets old. Especially when you were also a guy saying Darnay was in....

• Fire 4

I'm thinking we have a decent shot here. He's wavering... We got a CB early last month from a national guy who is typically pretty damn accurate.

See, I don't really mind a little of this, because it's funny once. But in every thread it gets old. Especially when you were also a guy saying Darnay was in....

Hold on, fella. While others may have said that they felt Darnay was N, it's safe to say that nobody took it to the extent that you did. When you make bold and reckless predictions while referring to yourself in the third person via a douchey nickname like, "We will know soon boys. Hope those that have followed the iceman are ready for operation celebrate." and you swing and miss...you should expect to be endlessly ridiculed, especially when you continue to post in recruiting threads, as if you have some sort of inside information (other than a paid sub to a recruiting service that any shtick can purchase).

• Fire 9

Hold on, fella. While others may have said that they felt Darnay was N, it's safe to say that nobody took it to the extent that you did. When you make bold and reckless predictions while referring to yourself in the third person via a douchey nickname like, "We will know soon boys. Hope those that have followed the iceman are ready for operation celebrate." and you swing and miss...you should expect to be endlessly ridiculed, especially when you continue to post in recruiting threads, as if you have some sort of inside information (other than a paid sub to a recruiting service that any shtick can purchase).
to be fair broganraynik was actually pretty out there about Holmes being in as well so I sympathize with Matty here

I agree. Take the jokes like a man and don't whine. This is all in fun but you did ask for it all.

Nice to meet you. Is this your first post!? I totally get the ridicule. Just would prefer it doesn't take over the recruiting thread.

to be fair broganraynik was actually pretty out there about Holmes being in as well so I sympathize with Matty here

I was. My post was more in reference to Matty's optimism. It seems like everyone is so ebb and flow with each recruit we get or don't get. Jamire spurns us, everyone is down in the dumps and our class is going to suck. Tyjon picks us, we're getting a top 15 class.

To be fair, there have been others who have remained steady, but Matty has stayed true to his optimism. It's not in an annoyingly tinfoil way like a certain other rose colored glasses "everyone of our prospect is going to be an all-American at NU" dude.

Call it blind optimism, call it hope, call it crazy... I call it refreshing. No ill intent meant, Matty. I can definitely see how it came across that way though. Like you said, I was saying Darnay was in myself.

On the topic:

If we can land Blades, DWill is straight fire. With the Dub Brothers, we will be seeing a lot of talent coming to Lincoln.

"Endless ridicule" is a bit much, no?

Staying positive and "predicting" a recruits final decision to be NU (something we all would've loved), is hardly grounds for "endless ridicule.".... Beyond maybe a random joke or two, any ridicule should all be kept inside the thread of said "prediction". Having the jokes and ridicule spill over into other threads, two weeks later, and seemingly without end, is more annoying than someone predicting that a recruit will pick NU.

• Fire 3

I agree. Take the jokes like a man and don't whine. This is all in fun but you did ask for it all.

no, the Matty jokes are getting old with more people than just Matty.

• Fire 5

MattyIce needs to be held accountable. There is a difference between optimism, and blindly guaranteeing commitments. or citing a "very trusted source." or referring to yourself as some recruiting guru that is well connected. None of these were true. Matty is the little boy that cried wolf and always will be.

I (we) come on here for actual insights, not just blind guarantees.

• Fire 7

MattyIce needs to be held accountable. There is a difference between optimism, and blindly guaranteeing commitments. or citing a "very trusted source." or referring to yourself as some recruiting guru that is well connected. None of these were true. Matty is the little boy that cried wolf and always will be.

Or, he found some info not everyone had access to abd shared it. Then tried to spread some optimism. Now everyone is blaming him for Darnay not choosing us because that's what people do.

• Fire 2

Or, he found some info not everyone had access to abd shared it. Then tried to spread some optimism. Now everyone is blaming him for Darnay not choosing us because that's what people do.

No one is blaming him for Darnay committing elsewhere, that would be ridiculous.

However, his commit guarantee and the whole song and dance of trying to sound like an insider, looks even more ridiculous now. Darnay had us as a distant 4th, and only had the hat there out of respect to the staff and his Calabass teammates. I am all for optimism, but that performance was a joke. And if everyone were to come on here and act like Matty, spouting off fake information, and claiming fake inside sources, the quality of this board would be severely damaged.

• Fire 6

No one is blaming him for Darnay committing elsewhere, that would be ridiculous.

However, his commit guarantee and the whole song and dance of trying to sound like an insider, looks even more ridiculous now. Darnay had us as a distant 4th, and only had the hat there out of respect to the staff and his Calabass teammates. I am all for optimism, but that performance was a joke. And if everyone were to come on here and act like Matty, spouting off fake information, and claiming fake inside sources, the quality of this board would be severely damaged.

16fe2955306a01f3240fc9a7a9565472dd6fc06c

• Fire 3