Diaco: I will be coaching LB's

During his intro press conference he mentions this when asked about the specific roll he will play. Of course my mind went to Trent Bray. Where does he go? What role does he play?

He also mentioned that in the classroom setting the inside/outside LB's will do a lot of work together and that on the grass work they will do a lot separately. My guess is that Bray will work with one group and Diaco will work with the other (to some degree Diaco will work with both groups).

This is just speculative.

I feel like there was a press conference thread for this.

As I have said many times, many important details should have their own thread to discuss in detail. I, like many casual members, are not going to weed through a giant be everything megathread to catch the latest news. I do not care at all if there are giant threads at all. To each his own, but if a member would like to break down a specific detail or comment of which someone said, they have every right to do so without fear of being called out. Simply don't reply.

• Fire 9

As I have said many times, many important details should have their own thread to discuss in detail. I, like many casual members, are not going to weed through a giant be everything megathread to catch the latest news. I do not care at all if there are giant threads at all. To each his own, but if a member would like to break down a specific detail or comment of which someone said, they have every right to do so without fear of being called out. Simply don't reply.

Thank you!! I appreciate this approach

My thoughts are this. Good move. Has Bray coached in a 3-4? The LB's more so than any position, are pivotal in the 3-4. As Bobby D mentioned in his conference, they will all need to learn how to be disruptive, blow up blockers etc .... Unless I missed something, we didn't really shed blocks last year at any level.

Bray might leave one day. He might see Bobby D as the next HC and he slides into DC.... Who knows. I think he'd be better served to have a "mentor" other than Banker and also more experience in a different system. Be great to learn the 3-4 since he's been a 4-3 guy. Have a more complete resume if and/or when he chooses to leave or stay. IMO, it's a win win for him.

• Fire 1

I think this is largely a non-issue as there will be plenty of work to go around. Almost every college DC (that I'm aware of) specializes with a position group. No reason to think Bray and Diaco can't exist in harmony. Alabama, for example has Pruitt coaching the Inside LBs and Lupoi coaching the Outside LBs.

+1 to what Lo Country stated as well.

This^.

It's not like the Internet is at capacity.

Plus, IMO, there will never be enough El Diaco topics.

This could be a great learning experience for Bray.

Yes, and it sounds like Diaco is all about everyone (players, coaches and ga's) learning and improving every day. I particularly liked what he said about wanting the ga's to learn and improve so that they are better positioned to get jobs in the future. Seems like the type of organization that would attract the best and brightest.

• Fire 2

I think this is largely a non-issue as there will be plenty of work to go around. Almost every college DC (that I'm aware of) specializes with a position group. No reason to think Bray and Diaco can't exist in harmony. Alabama, for example has Pruitt coaching the Inside LBs and Lupoi coaching the Outside LBs.

You've got a good point. However, we have a recent example of our DC coaching a position group and conflict arising with the assistant coach at that position. It will come down to how Diaco and Bray co-exist.

You've got a good point. However, we have a recent example of our DC coaching a position group and conflict arising with the assistant coach at that position. It will come down to how Diaco and Bray co-exist.

Yup, agree 100% with you there.