Trump Foreign Policy

14 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

OK President Big Boy.

If anyone is good with meme creation, I've got an idea for one. 

It's a 2 cell  meme. Cell 1 is Nicki Haley on Fox n Friends w caption "They were saying Booo-urns". Cell two is just the South Park pic of them yelling "Simpson's did it".

NM.

boo-urns meme.jpg

• Plus1 2

On some good foreign news - Trump gets his NAFTA deal done and signed.  It will be interesting to see what the small print is

and how it is  a better deal.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/30/nafta-trade-canada-819081

Trade ministers from the U.S., Mexico and Canada have reached a deal to revamp the North American Free Trade Agreement, the Trump administration announced late Sunday night.

The new pact, which is being called the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, is a major step toward completing one of Trump’s signature campaign promises and gives the president a concrete policy win to tout on the campaign trail this fall. It also sets the stage for what is sure to be a high-stakes fight to get the agreement passed by Congress before it can become law.

The Trump administration already formally notified Congress at the end of August of its plans to sign a new pact and faced a deadline of the end of September to provide a draft of the agreement.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

On some good foreign news - Trump gets his NAFTA deal done and signed.  It will be interesting to see what the small print is

and how it is  a better deal.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/30/nafta-trade-canada-819081

The preliminary things I've read is that there isn't much different in this than the original NAFTA agreement he claimed was the worst ever in the history of the universe.

I understand there's still some fine point things to be negotiated.  But....this looks to me like the Republicans/Trump needed a win before the mid-terms so they basically told Canada and Mexico..."hey....give us a few small points and we will sign this and everyone's happy".  Then, they come out claiming it's the greatest negotiation in history.

Typical Trump.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting analysis. Some of it I think is good. 

A WINDFALL FOR DRUG COMPANIES

The new trade pact delivers a windfall to pharmaceutical companies that make biologics —ultra-expensive drugs produced in living cells. It gives them 10 years of protection from generic competition, up from eight the Obama administration had negotiated in the TPP.

But good news for the pharmaceutical industry could be bad news for users of the drugs and for government policymakers trying to hold down health-care costs.

“New monopoly privileges for pharmaceutical firms ... could undermine reforms needed to make medicine more affordable here and increase prices in Mexico and Canada, limiting access to lifesaving medicines,” Wallach said.

I think it's fair to say at this point Trump's vows to take on the crazy price of prescription drugs were his typical steaming pile of crap. Big Pharma wins again.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I think it's fair to say at this point Trump's vows to take on the crazy price of prescription drugs were his typical steaming pile of crap. Big Pharma wins again. 

Hey I guess people will be less mad about our expensive drugs if they're just as expensive in Canada and Mexico. Wonder how much $ Trump is getting out of this.