Trump Foreign Policy

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

CNN’s website says Senate overwhelmingly approved the vote to leave the war in Yemen 56-41. I guess I will adjust my definition of overwhelming. How many Republicans voted for it, 8? (Can’t find the roll call).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-joint-resolution/54

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=2&vote=00266

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do military people support this guy?

Chain of command, probably.

I get active duty military people doing so, though I've heard there's a fair share who realize he's a moron as well. I don't get vets sticking up for the guy. They have no obligation to support him. Sure, respect the office of Command in Chief. But the man himself is an embarrassment. He still hasn't visited any troops and it's been almost 2 years. 

I'd be curious to hear, too, what people think about the move to withdraw troops itself. I know it's not completely awful because I wouldn't have been totally upset if Obama had done something similar. But he deferred to his military advisors and never did. But as usual, Trump's process and motives are vainglorious trash.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I get active duty military people doing so, though I've heard there's a fair share who realize he's a moron as well. I don't get vets sticking up for the guy. They have no obligation to support him. Sure, respect the office of Command in Chief. But the man himself is an embarrassment. He still hasn't visited any troops and it's been almost 2 years. 

I'd be curious to hear, too, what people think about the move to withdraw troops itself. I know it's not completely awful because I wouldn't have been totally upset if Obama had done something similar. But he deferred to his military advisors and never did. But as usual, Trump's process and motives are vainglorious trash.

The 2nd part bothers me as well. The Obama hate bothers me and this is another example. He hired Republicans to be his advisers in a lot of the military positions. He didn’t have to do that and he gets no credit for it. Obama knew which areas he wasn’t an expert in. Trump thinks he’s an expert in everything. 

:ohnoes

17 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Regarding the bold, I posted this on the NK thread:

Yesterday - Trump announced we beat ISIS and will be withdrawing our troops.  Sounds a bit like "Mission Accomplished".  Trump wants to claim victories where ever he

can to boast his ego and his poll #s and to deflect the damage of his scandals.   It takes work to see something through the end.  Trump's quick deal wt NK will ring hollow

when the next president has to deal with a still rebellious dictator in NK.  The same is true in Syria.  He will make the same mistake that he accused Obama of  - withdrawing

troops too quickly wt a time line and allowing ISIS to rebuild. Mission UNaccoumplished.

I'll add to the above that he looses all credibility with allies, enemies, and our own military and their leaders.  His narcissistic life style is undermining everything credible about our country.

As mentioned above, he need to change the news narrative, so why not throw out another bombshell regardless of its affect on the country. 

Is anyone suffering from Trump Fatigue??:ohnoes  I contend that Trump Fatigue is a real thing - the affect of continual stress, not knowing what the jerk is going to do or say next and its affect on the country that we (liberals, conservatives, moderates) all love.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:ohnoes

Regarding the bold, I posted this on the NK thread:

I'll add to the above that he looses all credibility with allies, enemies, and our own military and their leaders.  His narcissistic life style is undermining everything credible about our country.

As mentioned above, he need to change the news narrative, so why not throw out another bombshell regardless of its affect on the country. 

Is anyone suffering from Trump Fatigue??:ohnoes  I contend that Trump Fatigue is a real thing - the affect of continual stress, not knowing what the jerk is going to do or say next and its affect on the country that we (liberals, conservatives, moderates) all love.

Re: "Trump Fatigue"....

Yes, it's real and I suffer from it :P

I know longer care about following the crap storm of this man.  Either I'll vote against him in 2020, or I'll celebrate when he resigns or get's removed from office.  Until then, he won't change and I'm tired of being reminded how pathetic our President is....

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Absolutely.

I'm sure there are others who love all the antics and the continual bullying and degradation of the office, but I pay as little as possible to the man himself. I try to post what I think is legitimately important stuff, but early on my eyes began glazing over whenever I see a tweet of his. I rarely finish them anymore unless Colbert or someone is doing a bit on them and reads them. I'm tired of meaningless news cycles and endless conjecture and back & forth between opposing sides all because he isn't responsible and competent enough to comport himself like a president should, much less like a fully developed adult man.

2 hours ago, commando said:

so...trump wants us out of syria because erdogon wants to go after our allies in the war against isis and trump is afraid of him?

Except for israel the kurds are probably the most pro america group of people in the middle east and trump is going to sit back and watch as an Islamist slaughters them.

• Plus1 1