Trump Foreign Policy

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I have no idea, and I'm not making the claim, that Trump is involved or even knows about this. But his government needs to help hold the Saudis accountable for these things. And Kushner's extremely close ties to the Saudis complicates that.

But, all those women and children on our southern border seeking asylum are all rapists, murderers, MS13 and terrorists coming here to destroy America and kill you.

Speaking of nukes and the INF treaty that Trump is dumping - call me conspiratorial, suspicious, cynical, untrusting, or whatever, but this ugly thought flashed into my mind:

"Trump backs out of INF, does that give Putin the 'legal coverage' to do the same?? Which Putin now has done.  Because Trump hasn't come clean on all things Russia (I really wonder about that private conversation he and Putin had) could Trump accuse the Russians of INF violations, withdraws from INF as a result, gives Putin cover to do the same, Putin begins to develop weapons that the INF bans.  Putin thanks Trump privately as he pulls Trump's strings :o    

When we don't trust our leaders, it is easy to go down the trial I mentioned above.  I don't believe it is true, but it is not out of the realm of "believability" due to this admin's actions and the actions surrounding the campaign.     Of course, such an act if proven would be treasonous therefore I don't believe it occurred - but man I hate to have conspiracy thoughts rolling around in my head because he is not trustworthy. 

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think we should probably drop all ties with the Saudies. Time and time again they have f#&%ed us over. This is enough. Apparently we think they are some stabilizing force in the middle East, but they are waginig one of the worst wars in recent memory that some argue is bordering on genocide. They continually violate human rights on every level, have funded terrorism against the US, and yet we look away. Enough is enough.

• Plus1 4
On 2/5/2019 at 8:07 AM, ZRod said:

I think we should probably drop all ties with the Saudies. Time and time again they have f#&%ed us over. This is enough. Apparently we think they are some stabilizing force in the middle East, but they are waginig one of the worst wars in recent memory that some argue is bordering on genocide. They continually violate human rights on every level, have funded terrorism against the US, and yet we look away. Enough is enough.

Agree - our oil production makes us less reliant on them as well. 

Another article about dropping out of the INF treaty:

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-threatens-us-with-nuclear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2

• 2 weeks later...

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really hope we don't have to find out how much they will come to our aid after a disaster. That article does nothing to squash my fears.

@TonyStalloni do we have a refreshingly new foreign policy?

for now i think our allies will still come to our aid....hoping to keep relations with the U.S. in good order for the next president.   notice they said they don't trust trump....but if he get's a 2nd term i think all bets are off.   

@TonyStalloni  is it refreshing that our president and his minions wanted to transfer nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia?

This is the same country that produced the people who carried out 9/11 and the crown prince has murdered people including family members and journalists who go against him. 

https://apple.news/A-BVZY9xRSZmePR1c-lJW9A

Gee, I wonder why people within our intelligence community were discussing Amendment 25. 

Oh....and I forgot.  This was promoted by a guy who failed to register as a foreign agent.  

Only hire the best....right?

• Plus1 3

Color me shocked that this administration isn't following protocols and is giving secrets to foreign governments who they have questionable relationships with... 

Multiple Whistleblowers Raise Grave Concerns with White House Efforts to Transfer Sensitive U.S. Nuclear Technology to Saudi Arabia

Washington, D.C. (Feb. 19, 2019)—Today, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, the Chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, issued an interim staff report after multiple whistleblowers came forward to warn about efforts inside the White House to rush the transfer of highly sensitive U.S. nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia in potential violation of the Atomic Energy Act and without review by Congress as required by law—efforts that may be ongoing to this day.  The report states:

“The whistleblowers who came forward have expressed significant concerns about the potential procedural and legal violations connected with rushing through a plan to transfer nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.  They have warned of conflicts of interest among top White House advisers that could implicate federal criminal statutes.  They have also warned about a working environment inside the White House marked by chaos, dysfunction, and backbiting.  And they have warned about political appointees ignoring directives from top ethics advisors at the White House who repeatedly and unsuccessfully ordered senior Trump Administration officials to halt their efforts.”

• Thanks 1