Trump Foreign Policy

This is pretty niche but could potentially have big implications on our relationship with Israel.

Particularly if Netanyahu does get indicted during elections, as he's been under investigation for various corrupt offenses. The State Prosecutor's office actually recommended their AG indict him in December and he's apparently working on the case.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait....now we are supposed to congratulate Ttump for getting China to buy stuff they were buying before he was elected....but stopped buying because of him. 

Interesting. 

To play devil’s advocate, if we got them to drop their tariffs without us dropping ours, that would be a win.

I have many doubts as to whether that will happen, though. 

• Plus1 2

On 2/19/2019 at 2:30 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Oh the days when we were only concerned about Obama and Hillary giving Iran back their own money.

I'm late to this discussion but that was my thought as well.  Me thinks Trump is buttering the bread to help his brand once he gets out of office. 

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

While America is distracted by the Cohen spectacle, Trump is off in Asia giving away the farm.

That is why we hired you to keep an eye on Trump over there :D

Seriously, this is the week Trump's admin begins a serious downward spiral.   We have the  very potential "John Dean" moment yesterday wt Cohen and now Mr Art of the Deal is shown to be a failure in his most high profile, high stakes deal yet.  Kim is playing him :violin  Trump is all about headlines, Kim is about long term goals.  Trump is denied his splash headline, Kim keeps marching down the road of his preset goals - to maintain his nuclear deterrent. 

From the article:

The decision to drop, for now, a significant component of a potential nuclear deal suggests a reality that U.S. intelligence assessments have stressed for months is shaping talks as they progress: North Korea does not intend to fully denuclearize, which is the goal Trump set for his talks with Kim.

Disclosure of a full, verifiable declaration of North Korea’s programs is the issue over which the last round of serious negotiations between Pyongyang and world powers, including the U.S., fell apart a decade ago.

23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Who is more trustworthy at this moment?

1) Donald Trump

2) Kim Jong-Un

3) Michael Cohen

Choose as if your life depended on it.

Yes, the convicted felon, who lied to congress and who was a mafia enforcer - is indeed the most trustworthy of all of these (more so than a few GOP members of that committee who heard said felon but now repentant felon testify - at least I think he was repentant.  You don't give the mafia boss the finger unless you are pretty sure of your new commitments). 

• Plus1 3