Trump Foreign Policy

So north korea keeps its nukes and the sanctions stay in place. Other than a promise not to test fire missiles has anything actually changed? Seems like a big pr win for the DPRK. 

Also i hope things dont escalate in Kashmir. I can't imagine trump trying to negotiate a truce between two nuclear armed nations.

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Seriously, this is the week Trump's admin begins a serious downward spiral.  

I don't know. Seems like there have been so many moments over the past two years, hell even during the 2016 campaign, where we have said the same thing. Every week presents the next new low, the next moment that would utterly end anyone else's political career. Yet this c$%kroach survives. 

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

So north korea keeps its nukes and the sanctions stay in place. Other than a promise not to test fire missiles has anything actually changed? Seems like a big pr win for the DPRK. 

Also i hope things dont escalate in Kashmir. I can't imagine trump trying to negotiate a truce between two nuclear armed nations.

Trump gave up our war games exercises with South Korea. He also bent the knee to Kim on the Otto Warmbier murder.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I haven't read Art of the Deal but basing it off how much of a colossal f#&%up he is with negotiations, I imagine the book is just pictures of feces smeared on a wall.

Not surprisingly, The Art of the Deal was entirely ghostwritten by Tony Schwartz, who went public trying to warn the people about Donald Trump being a colossal f#&% up in real life.

https://www.newsweek.com/art-deal-donald-trump-mental-ill-674151

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Another take on why the talks failed.  We knew they had other testing sites that Kim didn't think we knew about - thus we weren't going to give any sanction relief.  Not sure how valid this is and why   Cryptocurrencies news  CCN is reporting this and not CNN

https://www.ccn.com/why-trump-forced-walk-away-north-korea-summit

Oh....so he had other sites that we knew about.  Trump was told about them.  Trump goes to Vietnam to negotiate.  The first thing that happens is Trump agrees to not have full accounting of nuke program.

Talks fall apart.

What we have here is an idiot on our side being totally played by a slightly less idiot on the other side.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh....so he had other sites that we knew about.  Trump was told about them.  Trump goes to Vietnam to negotiate.  The first thing that happens is Trump agrees to not have full accounting of nuke program.

Talks fall apart.

What we have here is an idiot on our side being totally played by a slightly less idiot on the other side.

Yes - sure seems out of whack -  we let them off the hook even though we had the goods against them.  

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Oh look, Ivanka lied.

Another reason maybe we shouldn't have a bunch of nepotism hires in the cabinet. That either of these chumps gets to play U.S. government (and indeed, grift things like trademarks from China for their own financial gain) is a complete and utter joke.

Highlighting another reason the Republican party is trash. They would be losing their mother effing minds right now if a Democratic president did this.

• Plus1 1