Trump Foreign Policy

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

John Bolton did this already to achieve an invasion of Iraq. I'm not surprised he'd do it again.

I'm curious... This seems to have happened once before and that invasion (of Iraq) was very controversial. However, there was still a lot of "patriotism" post 9/11 and the Gulf War was only 10 years, or so, ago. Now it's a totally different time. The population still remembers the cluster f#&% that was Iraq, and how we are still involved in Afghanistan. 

So... What happens now if these buffoons go ahead with an invasion of Iran with massive dissapproval from the nation? Who could stop them, and what repercussions would they really face?

Is this a Saudi pushed initiative given the Shia/Sunni angle.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm curious... This seems to have happened once before and that invasion (of Iraq) was very controversial. However, there was still a lot of "patriotism" post 9/11 and the Gulf War was only 10 years, or so, ago. Now it's a totally different time. The population still remembers the cluster f#&% that was Iraq, and how we are still involved in Afghanistan. 

So... What happens now if these buffoons go ahead with an invasion of Iran with massive dissapproval from the nation? Who could stop them, and what repercussions would they really face?

Is this a Saudi pushed initiative given the Shia/Sunni angle.

I don't think anyone will stop them or hold them to account because the Senate GOP cowers to Trump. This shows why it was important to hold the W team accountable for their lies, but both parties (including Obama and the Dems) just wanted to move forward and forget. Bolton being back is now going to cost us dearly.

21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't think anyone will stop them or hold them to account because the Senate GOP cowers to Trump. This shows why it was important to hold the W team accountable for their lies, but both parties (including Obama and the Dems) just wanted to move forward and forget. Bolton being back is now going to cost us dearly.

I hope to god they don't go through with this. We're already an embarrassment around the world. This would just further put US citizens in a bad place global, increase our likelihood of being targeted for terrorism, and more ill will amongst our allies.

I do think Obama missed a golden opportunity post Arab Spring to back a democratic revolution in Iran. Honestly, if you wanted to promote democracy in the middle east by toppling totalitarian regimes Iran seems like a poster child. A lot of the population is younger, being in their 20s or 30s, and they have seen many western influences. They were practically begging the US to support an overthrow around 2011.

37 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I hope to god they don't go through with this. We're already an embarrassment around the world. This would just further put US citizens in a bad place global, increase our likelihood of being targeted for terrorism, and more ill will amongst our allies.

I do think Obama missed a golden opportunity post Arab Spring to back a democratic revolution in Iran. Honestly, if you wanted to promote democracy in the middle east by toppling totalitarian regimes Iran seems like a poster child. A lot of the population is younger, being in their 20s or 30s, and they have seen many western influences. They were practically begging the US to support an overthrow around 2011.

Agreed. That was our opportunity.  I have a friend here at work who is from Iran - he likes to say from Persia.  He said many felt betrayed that the US didn't follow through wt assistance at that time.   But if Trump does the unthinkable now - I don't believe it will go well at all.    Bolton, Saudi leaders and Israel (strange bedfellows those last 2) may very will be pushing our easily persuadable president for doing the stupid thing. 

Who knows, the puppet master Putin may be pulling strings too.  Knowing that US entanglement would be for Russian advantage. 

6 hours ago, commando said:

thanks be to god for trump not throwing tariffs on this product

Because of course.

Apropos of nothing, if Sean Hannity were a liberal, you know he'd buy one of these things simply to broadcast himself burning it live in studio.

Remember that time he convinced his viewers to huck their Keurigs out windows?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Trump is absolutely right to be at odds with Bolton. Bolton and the rest of the morons that got us into the Iraq war shouldn't be allowed anywhere near positions of power.

And yet.. 

• Plus1 1