Trump Foreign Policy

8 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I didn't say any of that, so don't imply that it's what I meant. I've said multiple times on here that I feel Hispanics living in the U.S. are our best shot at upholding American values in centuries to come. I've also pointed out on here multiple times that my largest (and really only) concern with mass immigration from South American countries, and Mexico, is assimilation. That should be everyone's concern.

I live around a lot of Hispanics. Some families have been here for close to 70-80 years and some are new. 

I see see no problem with how they assimilate into our community. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I live around a lot of Hispanics. Some families have been here for close to 70-80 years and some are new. 

I see see no problem with how they assimilate into our community. 

As do I, and neither do I. That's why I said above, that I think Hispanics are our best chance at carrying on American values into the future. It doesn't mean that mass immigration shouldn't cause some hesitation in that regard.

• Fire 1
On 6/6/2019 at 7:27 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, well, well....

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Where have you seen me support anything Trump does in this thread, or on this board?

I mean to me, the first post kinda seems like you support what Trump is doing there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

That's probably part of it. But even if it wasn't, any country should weigh the cost of dealing with illegal immigrants vs. the expense that the illegal immigrants bring to their country, and weigh the 2 against each other. Illegal immigrants do not necessarily have a net cost to a country. It just depends on that country's situation. For example, they might be in desperate need of low-skilled laborers and maybe that's who is entering the country, and due to filling that void there's a net benefit. When illegal immigration does have a net cost to a country, the only logical course of action is to only spend enough $ dealing with it so that you aren't losing $. Maybe if Mexico were to stop 10% of illegal immigrants into their country, they would not be losing any $ at that point. Hypothetically you could put your entire army and tanks and helicopters manning every border and stop all illegal immigrants, but it would cost too much and the results would not be worth it.

I'm not sure why the post I made about it got a confused face. It's a pretty damn simple concept. Figuring out the overall cost is complicated, but the logic is easy.

I'm also not sure why @TGHusker's reply to mine got a confused face. The 5% tariff threat is now part of the cost benefit analysis Mexico is doing. If they don't stop more illegal immigrants from entering their country, there may be economic consequences imposed on them by the U.S. 

And all of that is after considering the human cost. I'm not sure exactly sure how you value the life of an undocumented immigrant child - putting that child in a cage, deporting them to possible horrors or even death, letting them stay in our country, etc. But I know where I stand on that issue regardless of the dollar amounts.

7 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

As do I, and neither do I. That's why I said above, that I think Hispanics are our best chance at carrying on American values into the future. It doesn't mean that mass immigration shouldn't cause some hesitation in that regard.

What exactly are American values?

Here in Detroit Middle Eastern immigrants seem to assimilate just as well as Latinos.

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Not sure that our worst city would  best exemplify American values. 

(The Detroit joke is made with heavy sarcasm)

I know it's a joke, but I'm talking about the greater metro where you still have high numbers of Lebanese, Syrian, Iraqi, etc. of Islamic, Chaldean, and Jewish Faiths. Even across the border in Windsor Canada as well. They work along side everybody else at the plants and offices. They run your TSA pre check and boarder crossing check points. They shop at Nike and Victoria's Secret, like everybody else. 

So again, what are you implying are American values? Because unless it's something like the cliche god, guns, guts I think American Values are shared by all the good people of this Earth in one form or another.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:56 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Oh look, more lies.

Trump has totally DQ"d himself for my vote in 2020 on the basis of his utter inability to be truthful alone. Nothing else matters given that.

Good grief, Charlie Brown, can't we remove this guy from office on something?  What an embarrassment.

• Plus1 1