Trump Foreign Policy

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He is so dumb it’s hard to believe this is real life.

Between him and the people who steadfastly support him, it's been one hell of a bizarre couple of years. I had no idea so much of America worshiped the inane, the oppressive, the unfit.

I can see making a mistake voting, not paying attention, or whatever. But after his first couple of weeks in office, if you didn't have huge buyer's remorse... you're what's wrong with America.

• Plus1 2

55 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Between him and the people who steadfastly support him, it's been one hell of a bizarre couple of years. I had no idea so much of America worshiped the inane, the oppressive, the unfit.

I can see making a mistake voting, not paying attention, or whatever. But after his first couple of weeks in office, if you didn't have huge buyer's remorse... you're what's wrong with America.

That’s the craziest part to me. I’ve said many times there’s a difference between having voted for Trump and still supporting him. Luckily one of the people I know who voted for him stopped supporting him a few weeks into his presidency, so I at least know they exist. 

• Plus1 2

This should make us all rest peacefully at night. The law and order president, who knows more than our full intelligence teams and apparently our whole security office, wants his people to have security clearances even if they are grossly unqualified for the clearances.  I wonder if one of Putin's relatives have been cleared. :o

https://www.apnews.com/1759ac2858ee4aafb041f91cbd6d86e9

A career official in the White House security office says dozens of people in President Donald Trump’s administration were granted security clearances despite “disqualifying issues” in their backgrounds, such as concerns about foreign influence, drug use and criminal conduct.

Tricia Newbold, an 18-year government employee who oversees the issuance of clearances for some senior White House aides, says she compiled a list of at least 25 officials who were initially denied security clearances last year because of their backgrounds. But she says senior Trump aides overturned those decisions, moves that she said weren’t made “in the best interest of national security.”

Newbold’s allegations were detailed in a letter and memo released Monday by Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, chairman of the House Oversight and Reform committee. That panel has been investigating security clearances issued to senior officials including Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, and former White House aide Rob Porter.

The letter comes about a month after The New York Times reported that Trump ordered officials to grant Kushner a clearance over the objections of national security officials and after Newbold spoke out to NBC News and other news outlets about her concerns. It also sets the stage for another fight between the White House and the Democratic-controlled House. Cummings said he will move this week to authorize his first subpoena in the probe.

Cummings said the subpoena will be for the deposition of Carl Kline, who served as the White House personnel security director and supervised Newbold. He has since left the White House for the Defense Department.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

more on the above - subpoenas may be next

https://www.axios.com/white-house-whistleblower-trump-security-clearance-f46d701b-68cb-4762-b783-2f77c148c98b.html

What's next: Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) said he is prepared to subpoena at least one of the 25 individuals to see if national secrets were at risk, according to the New York Times.

• In a letter to White House counsel Pat Cipollone, Cummings cited the security clearance of former national security adviser Michael Flynn as grounds for concern since he was arrested for lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.

Why it matters: Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and White House adviser, has had his security clearance come into question before as a result of his numerous foreign contacts. His security clearance is being questioned once more after news broke that Kushner had been using WhatsApp to communicate with foreign leaders.

• Plus1 1

It is amazing, every time there is an issue with a 'friendly' country, Trump retaliates.  I think he believes that Teddy's Big Stick was to hit our friends (Central America, NATO, Pacific Rim, Mexico and Canada) on the head when they don't conform to his image of how friends should behave.  But he falls in love wt dictator Kim of NK.  In this situation,  Trump cuts aid to

our central American friends who haven't stopped the caravan of migrants coming north.  To me and to the writer of this article, this big stick action seems counter productive.  If anyone should be getting our aid it is friends in our hemisphere (vs Saudi Arabia and others who have acted contrary to our interests at times). Central American countries need investments that will help their economies to grow and giving reason for migrants to stay.  Of course, there are other issues (political, economic, social) within those countries that to be addressed. However, cutting foreign aid to those countries will exasperate the problem and not solve it IMHO.  

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/1/18290443/aid-central-america-mexico-guatemala-immigration-border

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone who sits back and really looks at facts and as unbiased as possible, can only come away from this quote as thinking this guy is so insecure and scared of the outside world that he doesn't care what problems he causes as long as he's shielded from the outside world.

Kind of sounds like his BFF from NK.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Anyone who sits back and really looks at facts and as unbiased as possible, can only come away from this quote as thinking this guy is so insecure and scared of the outside world that he doesn't care what problems he causes as long as he's shielded from the outside world.

Kind of sounds like his BFF from NK.

I said it before Trump, what good is spending a s#!tload on defense but not helping those of us most in need? The country isn’t as worth protecting if we’re a place that lets those people languish. We could reduce defense spending (even from Obama levels) and still be at the top by far.

The same argument can be applied to trashing the economy so an already decreasing # of illegal immigrants don’t cross the border. Closing the border would do far more harm than illegal immigrants ever did. The guy is a f#&%ing imbecile. A part of me wants him to do it for a week or 2 just to give people a taste of the rammifications. 

• Plus1 1

I believe Buttigieg is the first to speak out against another one of Netanyahu's aggressive strongman overreaches. As usual, Trump decided to support this move from Netanyahu to try to get him re-elected Tuesday. Really hoping he loses - he is beyond corrupt.

I really like that line in the middle about what supporting Israel means and doesn't mean. He absolutely nailed that.

• Plus1 1

President Trump knows what he's doing.  Most don't like this methods simply because he doesn't follow the Uniparty Deep state rules!  The funny thing is that his policies work to the amazement and disbelief of the uniparty.  Now all the sudden Mexico is stopping the illegals from reaching the boarder! 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trumps-threat-to-close-the-border-was-just-a-trap-for-democrats

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Getting eye-rolled for my comment is exactly what I'm talking about.

Supporting Israel does not mean letting Israel do whatever it wants. In exactly the same way one can support Trump without thinking him having rambling, insane Twitter meltdowns or spending all of his free time golfing or watching Fox News is good.

If their actions are wrong or illegal, we must say so.

• Plus1 5
18 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

President Trump knows what he's doing.  Most don't like this methods simply because he doesn't follow the Uniparty Deep state rules!  The funny thing is that his policies work to the amazement and disbelief of the uniparty.  Now all the sudden Mexico is stopping the illegals from reaching the boarder! 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trumps-threat-to-close-the-border-was-just-a-trap-for-democrats

They do?  What major foreign policies has "worked"?