Trump Foreign Policy

Trump can freely give away a lot of information that we make a practice of keeping up wraps without materially spiking a football into our own crotches; this does not mean his habit of nonchalantly doing so isn't a *serious* problem.

I don't think it's a serious problem in this particular case. I'm far more concerned about giving the code-word intelligence to the Russians, for example. And I'm more concerned about the budget and healthcare than either of those.

The looseness of his lips is the same issue here as it is in the Russia example. The main difference really seems to be he offended an ally in that case, and our own military in this one. They are examples of both his cluelessness and his willingness to divulge for the simple sake of personal boasting.

It's not that he offended our military or put the subs in potential danger that matters. It's that the Phillipines are not our ally and leaked the transcript. It shouldn't be a surprise to him that a non ally would be an asshat. And now Kim has another another reason to do something stupid.

• Fire 1

The phrase is LITERALLY "loose lips sink ships."

And Trump is LITERALLY a moron.

Buried in all of this is that he told a murderous authoritarian using extrajudicial killings to purge his country's drug problem he was "doing a great job."

Not a great signal to the rest of the world. Our not-so-sterling human rights record is going to take a beating under this man.

• Fire 4