Trump Foreign Policy

16 hours ago, knapplc said:

Sadly, this is not an article from The Onion.

This is real life. This is what the Republicans' president has done.

Erdogan's reaction:

He has zero fear of, and worse, zero respect, for Trump. He knows Trump is in Putin's pocket, and he's increasingly trying to build alliances with Putin & Tehran.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, knapplc said:

Sadly, this is not an article from The Onion.

This is real life. This is what the Republicans' president has done.

What an embarressment this guy is.  A 8th grade civics student could have written a better letter.   What a dope.

Some twitter comments:

Wondering what Trump was thinking while writing it. Like when you drunk-reply a very important email from the bar's toilet and you think you nailed it but next morning you deeply regret sending it.

Let me clarify the letter issue. As soon as Erdogan recieved this letter called me and told me that he cannot read cause he doesn’t know English. He asked me its Turkish version. I have just started to take Turkish courses hopefully will be able to write it in Turkish soon.

You know, reading this 'powerful' letter, as Trump described it, I am beginning to doubt his own depiction of a 'perfect' phone call.

What a shame, it was such beautiful letter. Maybe if he had written it with crayons it would have had more impact!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, commando said:

at least we are respected again.  notice the itty bitty US flag in this pic?  read the thread and see the russian flag when putin visits.

Here's that flag. And the hearty handshake.

Trump is ceding ground to Russia, and Republicans are cheering him on.

What a time to be alive.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Trump fully on his knees bowing to Erdogan.

How does this not disgust the same people who were furious at the "Obama apology tour?"

Turkey's foreign minister said this isn't a cease fire and unless their demands are meet they'll start their operations again. Basicly the same crap they said after the kurds took down their defenses from the border and they just accused them of not meeting the agreement and attacked them any way.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

So republicans gave Obama s#!t for pulling out if iraq in 2011 when iraq wouldn't give permission for a large US force to be there but Trump pulls out of syria before the job is done agianst the wishes if our allies and its no big deal.

People are morons.

Obama gets blamed for ISIS existing. Apparently he was the president when we invaded Iraq, too. 

• Plus1 2