Trump Foreign Policy

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ahhhhhhh.....it was Kushners idea. He’s so well versed in Middle East policy. 

Oh yea the unqualified guy who couldn't get a security pass wt out corrupt waiver by his daddy in law - he is the brilliant designer of this plan.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:19 AM, funhusker said:

I have a love/hate going on with this post.  I can definitely see how the fall of the Soviet Union gave the US a green light to expand our interest and overextend our resources.

But...one could argue the two most violent wars fought in the last 75 years were because of the competition with the USSR: Korea and Vietnam.

Completely true. It wasn't perfect, however it seems to have been more 'Measured' for lack of a better term. I feel in the modern era decisions are made more hastily with fewer concrete facts and even fewer considerations for the consequences.

On 1/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, knapplc said:

It's better known than you would think. By contrast however, even if they had stayed true to their agreements with the Arab revolt, (the one where the Arabs get most of the middle east) it almost certainly would have devolved into civil war anyway given the vast number of ethnic groups and minor religious sects that inhabit the region. So the alternative may not have been much better.

On 1/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, TGHusker said:

Not to mention what they (wt USA help) did in Iran.

People also forget that Iran bordered another country at that time, the Soviet Union, who had its influences in the country as well, and helped occupy Iran during WW II. To put it plainly the country is geopolitically strategic and oil rich, essentially guaranteeing foreign interference. The west did its part to keep it from falling to the commies but as we saw later on in history that it all came with a price.