Trump Foreign Policy

Trump approved the raid at a dinner attended not just by General Mattis, but also by the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the vice president, and his national security adviser. I believe the advice of these folks would be adequate. Our military knows how to plan and carry out special ops missions, and a prudent President leaves the planning to military officials.

There's conflicting reports on whether Mattis or the Joint Chiefs were consulted. Personally, I think it's easy to 20/20 hindsight any op and criticize the decisions. And there's going to be times we can say they made mistakes, but IMO the real question is whether Trump did the due diligence in planning. I doubt the veracity of the current evidence, so I'll wait and see what shakes out as true over the coming weeks and months. We may never know.

• Fire 1

http://www.newsweek.com/nolan-peterson-trump-distracted-putin-pounds-ukraine-551570

KIEV, Ukraine—Artillery and rockets have been raining down on the front-line town of Avdiivka in eastern Ukraine since Sunday, leaving 16,000 civilians, including 2,000 children, without heat, electricity or clean water as temperatures dipped to 20 degrees below zero Celsius, or about minus 4 Fahrenheit.

“The recent intensification of hostilities on the contact line in eastern Ukraine has had a very heavy impact on the local population,” the International Committee of the Red Cross said in a statement Tuesday. “The weather conditions make the negative impact even more severe.”

Complicit, supportive, or too distracted to respond.

Heartbreaking photo of a 24-year old woman mourning her 60-year old mother. Killed while walking to a store: http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/embed-lg/public/2017/02/02/0202ukraineputin01.jpg

Donald Trump's administration has imposed sanctions on Iran following its recent ballistic missile test.

The sanctions target 13 people and 12 companies, including groups in China, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates.

President Trump tweeted earlier: "Iran is playing with fire - they don't appreciate how 'kind' President Obama was to them. Not me!"

Iran called the threats from "an inexperienced person" useless, vowing to impose reciprocal measures.

John Smith, the US Treasury Department's acting sanctions chief, said in a statement on Friday: "Iran's continued support for terrorism and development of its ballistic missile programme poses a threat to the region, to our partners worldwide and to the United States."

Link

I don't like where this is headed. That last quote seems rather ominous.

I'm still trying to figure out his foreign policy. I'm getting jerked around by every news story that it is hard to get a handle on a consistent policy. that is why, it is in Trump's and the countries best interest for Trump to slow down, seclude himself away from twitter and just talk policy and not personalities.

I'm still trying to figure out his foreign policy. I'm getting jerked around by every news story that it is hard to get a handle on a consistent policy. that is why, it is in Trump's and the countries best interest for Trump to slow down, seclude himself away from twitter and just talk policy and not personalities.

BINGO!!!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/jason-chaffetz-donald-trump-mar-a-lago/index.html

House Speaker Paul Ryan also downplayed the incident on Tuesday, telling reporters, "It's my understanding that no classified information was discussed. And talking about foreign policy at the dinner table is perfectly appropriate."

What happened to Ryan? Was he paid a lot of $ to suddenly act like Trump's best friend?