The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

On 10/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, Archy1221 said:

What are you actually asking me?  If I get my kids vaccinated?  I don’t travel abroad except to Caribbean a few times so I haven’t gotten shots to travel.  Not sure what you mean there 

It means that the government imposes vaccine mandates all the time. 

In order to attend school, children must be vaccinated. In order to travel to certain countries, vaccines are mandated. There are a lot of scenarios where the government imposes rules regarding vaccines. 

What I was asking is if you're for our against those rules and if your views on those rules are consistent with your views on a COVID vaccine mandate.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What I was asking is if you're for our against those rules and if your views on those rules are consistent with your views on a COVID vaccine mandate.

Every one of my kids has their vaccines and have so done on a doctor recommended schedule, so I guess in a round about way it probably would make me a hypocrite to say so was against those school vaccine mandates.  I would have vaccinated my kids based on the schedule whether it was mandated to attend school or not though.  

I don’t know of any vaccine mandate other than Covid-19 vaccine for all business of over 100 employees do you? 

I believe though, those vaccine mandates have no bearing on whether you can work at a job or not.  Technically kids could be home schooled, never get those vaccines and get employed by XYZ company that employs more than 100 which is different than the Covid vaccine mandate.  

The travel vaccine mandates, I have never experienced before so I don’t have much for you there.  If I traveled to Africa, I would get a malaria shot for example though.  

Hope that answers your questions.  

some questions for you…..should the flu vaccine be mandated?  Why or why not.  Should the HPV vaccine be mandated?  Chicken pox vaccine? Shingles vaccine? Hep A vaccine? Meningococcal vaccine?  Should they all be mandated before you can go to work?  

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Every one of my kids has their vaccines and have so done on a doctor recommended schedule, so I guess in a round about way it probably would make me a hypocrite to say so was against those school vaccine mandates.  I would have vaccinated my kids based on the schedule whether it was mandated to attend school or not though.  

I don’t know of any vaccine mandate other than Covid-19 vaccine for all business of over 100 employees do you? 

I believe though, those vaccine mandates have no bearing on whether you can work at a job or not.  Technically kids could be home schooled, never get those vaccines and get employed by XYZ company that employs more than 100 which is different than the Covid vaccine mandate.  

The travel vaccine mandates, I have never experienced before so I don’t have much for you there.  If I traveled to Africa, I would get a malaria shot for example though.  

some questions for you…..should the flu vaccine be mandated?  Why or why not.  Should the HPV vaccine be mandated?  Chicken pox vaccine? Shingles vaccine? Hep A vaccine? Meningococcal vaccine?  Should they all be mandated before you can go to work?  

It depends on the danger posed by those diseases.

Have any of them killed more Americans than World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and The War on Terror combined? If so, yes, they should absolutely be mandated.

My point is, it's not uncommon for the government to mandate vaccines. They do so in the interest of public health. Other vaccines are not mandated, however, COVID is far deadlier and causes a far bigger strain on our healthcare system compared to the diseases you've listed. 

For the record, I do think the HPV vaccine should be mandatory. It would prevent cancer in thousands of women, and HPV is prevalent in a huge number of adults. It does not, how, spread by breathing next to them in the grocery store so I can understand why it isn't. 

• Plus1 2
On 10/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, Archy1221 said:

You wouldn't be required to get the vaccine if you worked for a company over 100 employees.  You have the option to be tested weekly.

• Plus1 2

On 10/16/2021 at 8:22 PM, Archy1221 said:

By your own admission, the #1 reason for strict COVID protocols is to avoid overwhelming our healthcare system, something a new viral pandemic does that the flu and shingles don't. And of course there is COVID going from zero to the #3 killer of Americans in six months. 

We won't really know what normal should look like until we get to normal, and at the moment America is averaging 1,600 COVID deaths a day, 95% of them among the unvaccinated. 

Since we're in the RIght Wing Disinformation Thread, might as well acknowledge that this complex and unfolding issue has been turned into a needless anti-government litmus test that is literally unhealthy for everyone involved. 

• Plus1 3

On 10/16/2021 at 11:22 PM, Archy1221 said:

Re: flu, don't know whether it *should* be or not, but the explanation for why it isn't is simple in comparison/contrast to COVID. First, the flu vaccine isn't even close to effective - it's a calculated gamble every year to predict which strains will likely dominate, and only ever achieves 40-60% effectiveness. Second, the flu isn't nearly as contagious or as lethal.

• Plus1 2