The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It gets muddy. The people who don't think Johnny should feel guilty tend to have a large overlap with people who believe systemic racism no longer exists. At that point they kinda are guilty. I've even heard of people who support Black voter suppression by pretending it's not really suppression. 

I don’t believe it does exist anymore.  Anyone who wants to exceed on life (medically able) can succeed.  Individual choices matter.   Since you brought up Little Johnny, why should he/she feel guilty about anything in the past he wasn’t a part of? 

There are individually racist people, and most likely will have them for quite some time.  Some of those people run things.   That’s not systemic racism.  

It’s harder for poor people than rich people, but that’s not systemic racism.  

How does Black voter suppression work exactly?  In the day and age when voting records are being smashed?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So....talk about how white immigrants treated native Americans and put them on reservations....but don't do it in a way that makes white people look bad. 

That’s not what was said.  

Why do you do this?  All it does is make you sound silly and childish. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t believe it does exist anymore.  Anyone who wants to exceed on life (medically able) can succeed.  Individual choices matter.   Since you brought up Little Johnny, why should he/she feel guilty about anything in the past he wasn’t a part of? 

There are individually racist people, and most likely will have them for quite some time.  Some of those people run things.   That’s not systemic racism.  

How does Black voter suppression work exactly?  In the day and age when voting records are being smashed?  

Since you don't believe systemic racism exists, that reminds me of some questions I posed to you a few weeks ago but did not answer:

On 10/15/2021 at 8:04 AM, Ulty said:

@Archy1221 and @B.B. Hemingway:

What are your personal theories regarding:

- Black families having less generational wealth and lower rates of home/land ownership than white families?

- Black people being denied home loans at a higher rate than white people?

- Black Americans being incarcerated at much higher rates than white Americans?

- Black people being arrested for marijuana possession at a much higher rate than white people, despite marijuana usage being similar?

- Black people shot by police at a much higher rate proportionally than white people?

- Black people and other minorities being under-represented in CEO and high-paying management positions?

- Black people and other minorities having higher rates of unemployment?

- Black children born into a poor household being less likely to move into a higher income bracket during their lives, compared to white children?

Why do you think these things have happened historically in our country? And why are they still happening now?

Before or after you answer, feel free to peruse these articles:

26 simple charts to show friends and family who aren't convinced racism is still a problem in America

Systemic Racism: 64 Practical Examples of the Challenges that Face Black Americans

By the way, it is possible to acknowledge and analyze these things without a guilt trip about being white. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You've been given compelling and well-vetted evidence repeatedly on this board and continue to ignore it. 

As mentioned, if you believe systemic racism no longer exists, you're guilty in the here and now. And if you're teaching this s#!t to Little Johnny, you need to stop.

Fun fact: if the people who run things are racist, they're going to be crafting racist systems, tacitly or overtly. We haven't had a President endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan, American Nazis, Confederacy Sympathizers, and Proud Boys before, so some of us believe it may be worse than we thought.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

At the same time, they should NOT be taught to feel guilty about things that happened long ago because they are white and white people did bad things long ago.

Don't know why would they be taught that as it isn't CRT, has nothing to do with CRT, and goes against the tenets of CRT scholarship.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn't your argument that CRT makes white people feel guilty?

Isn't it telling that after this many pages and this many posts, nobody can tell what his argument is?

Really sums up everything we need to know about the current froth.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Since you don't believe systemic racism exists, that reminds me of some questions I posed to you a few weeks ago but did not answer:

By the way, it is possible to acknowledge and analyze these things without a guilt trip about being white. 

I posted this before and it too was ignored but add to your list the effect of gerrymandering giving one race a leg up in power over other races.  How is this not intentional systemic racism?  I'm sure white guy in suburban middle America with poo-poo it but.....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No

But yet you said this:

I have no problem whatsoever in the history section of education pointing more of the downside of the countries history such as the Tulsa Massacre.  People should know more about that and other such instances/struggles of minorities.  But it shouldn’t be taught in the context of our country was a bad country.  Race shouldnt be taught as a defining factor for someone in today’s day and age, white kids shouldn’t be taught to feel guilty about what some people did 100, 200, 300 years ago, etc…

49 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But yet you said this:

That’s right.  So what’s your actual point if you even have one?  

For people informed about the terrible ideas expressed in CRT, it doesn’t make us feel bad whatsoever because we know it’s garbage.  

However, aspects of CRT tries to TEACH the ill-informed like impressionable school aged children to feel guilty of what they call white privilege, the country is inherently racist so feel bad about that, etc…. They don’t know any better and the hope is that the idiocy in CRT will be accepted no questions asked to not feel bad about themselves and avoid white guilt.  

Big difference than what you keep trying to make up and say 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

I posted this before and it too was ignored but add to your list the effect of gerrymandering giving one race a leg up in power over other races.  How is this not intentional systemic racism?  I'm sure white guy in suburban middle America with poo-poo it but.....

You will do the Illinois gerrymandering next I assume?  

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

However, aspects of CRT tries to TEACH the ill-informed like impressionable school aged children to feel guilty of what they call white privilege, the country is inherently racist so feel bad about that, etc…. They don’t know any better and the hope is that the idiocy in CRT will be accepted no questions asked to not feel bad about themselves and avoid white guilt.  

So....

Then I said this.

So....talk about how white immigrants treated native Americans and put them on reservations....but don't do it in a way that makes white people look bad. 

And you said...that's not what you said and accused me of doing something strange on the board.

Gee....wonder why I'm confused.

• Plus1 1