The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....

Then I said this.

And you said...that's not what you said and accused me of doing something strange on the board.

Gee....wonder why I'm confused.

when trying to understand trumpers remember the 3 rules  

1.  they never said that. 

2.  they never meant that.   

3.  they are always right.

3.1    let's go brandon

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Since you don't believe systemic racism exists, that reminds me of some questions I posed to you a few weeks ago but did not answer:

By the way, it is possible to acknowledge and analyze these things without a guilt trip about being white. 

From your link:

1. 65% of black children live in a single-parent home, compared to 24% of white children - Kids Count Data Center   How is this systemic racism?  Either choose to be married or don’t. 

2. Black preschoolers are 3.6X more likely to be suspended than white preschoolers - US Department of Education Office for Civil Rights  The link doesn’t work

3. Black students are 3.2X more likely to be suspended for infractions at school - US Department of Education Office for Civil RightsLink doesn’t work 

4. Predominantly black school districts receive far less financial funding than white school districts - ED BuildThis isn’t true in the city I live in and have provided the data.  It’s actually the opposite. 

5. Black students/children have less access to computers and the internet - National Center for Education Statistics  This would be an income issue not a race issue 

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

From your link:

1. 65% of black children live in a single-parent home, compared to 24% of white children - Kids Count Data Center   How is this systemic racism?  Either choose to be married or don’t. 

2. Black preschoolers are 3.6X more likely to be suspended than white preschoolers - US Department of Education Office for Civil Rights  The link doesn’t work

3. Black students are 3.2X more likely to be suspended for infractions at school - US Department of Education Office for Civil RightsLink doesn’t work 

4. Predominantly black school districts receive far less financial funding than white school districts - ED BuildThis isn’t true in the city I live in and have provided the data.  It’s actually the opposite. 

5. Black students/children have less access to computers and the internet - National Center for Education Statistics  This would be an income issue not a race issue 

Sorry about the broken links within the links. Are you disputing that #2 and #3 above are true? If not, why do you think this happens? Regarding the school funding in your city, is your city representative of the whole country?

Anyway, your 1-5 above are not the questions I asked. Here they are again:

What are your personal theories regarding:

- Black families having less generational wealth and lower rates of home/land ownership than white families?

- Black people being denied home loans at a higher rate than white people?

- Black Americans being incarcerated at much higher rates than white Americans?

- Black people being arrested for marijuana possession at a much higher rate than white people, despite marijuana usage being similar?

- Black people shot by police at a much higher rate proportionally than white people?

- Black people and other minorities being under-represented in CEO and high-paying management positions?

- Black people and other minorities having higher rates of unemployment?

- Black children born into a poor household being less likely to move into a higher income bracket during their lives, compared to white children?

Why do you think these things have happened historically in our country? And why are they still happening now?

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

fwiw, here is a working link to the school discipline info: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/crdc-discipline-snapshot.pdf

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You’ve been given compelling and well-vetted evidence to show individual choice, and income level matters and you continue to ignore it 

Only an idiot would say income level doesn't matter.

But only an idiot would presume systemic racism doesn't inform income level in America.  

Good Lord, that's not even open to debate. 

But yes, I may have missed your compelling and well-vetted evidence on individual choice, unless it's the gaggle of pull yourself up by the bootstraps anecdotes conservatives trot out in these cases. 

At the moment, our compelling and well-vetted evidence is beating you silly. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Since you don't believe systemic racism exists, that reminds me of some questions I posed to you a few weeks ago but did not answer:

By the way, it is possible to acknowledge and analyze these things without a guilt trip about being white. 

6. Black high school students are less likely to receive a high school diploma - National Center for Education Statistics  How is this systemic racism or racism at all.  Asians lead this and it’s pretty hard not to graduate HS.  You almost have to work at it, or just don’t show up.  The link article doesn’t say why it’s racism that I say 

7. A higher percentage of black Americans with a GPA of 3.5 or higher attend community colleges vs top-tier selective institutions - Georgetown University  #2 in my house did not get admitted to the two he applied to despite having a 4.52 GPA out of a 4.0 scale, Tied for best in his class in one of the largest HS’s in the State.  2 with Indian decent and lesser GPA’s were admitted.  So I fail so the systemic racism.  

8. Only 46% of black college students finish a four-year degree within six years, compared to 72% of white college students - National Student Clearinghouse
How is this systemic racism vs personal responsibility?  

9. Black college students are more likely to go into debt to pay for college - US Department of Education  Seems like either an income problem, possibly a problem of not looking for resources that help pay for college.  Racism not so much. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Only an idiot would say income level doesn't matter.

But only an idiot would presume systemic racism doesn't inform income level in America.  

Good Lord, that's not even open to debate. 

But yes, I may have missed your compelling and well-vetted evidence on individual choice, unless it's the gaggle of pull yourself up by the bootstraps anecdotes conservatives trot out in these cases. 

At the moment, our compelling and well-vetted evidence is beating you silly. 

I beg to differ but either way I’m happy for you.  Enjoy life believing everything is racist.  I’m sure you will have a wonderful experience. 

In today’s day and age, systemically, are black people being paid less for the exact same job, exact same experience level, and exact same workload?  My company doesn’t.  My competitors companies don’t.  Matter of fact my entire industry doesn’t. @BigRedBusterdo you pay your black employees less than the white ones for the same work?  Any other business owners on this site that could answer that question?   

According to this, we are almost in margin of error area for pay equity.   Only an idiot would think otherwise.  It’s not even open for debate.  

https://www.payscale.com/research-and-insights/racial-wage-gap-for-men/

When we hold all employment characteristics equal, black or African American men still see the largest pay gap. The controlled pay gap for black men is $0.98 for every dollar a white man with the same qualifications makes. To put that in perspective, the median salary of a white man in our sample is $72,900; the controlled median pay for black or African American men is thus $71,500. This suggests a $1,400 difference in pay that is likely attributable to race.

Exploring-the-Racial-Wage-Gap-for-Men.pn

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I already posted about the Illinois gerrymandering in the Gerrymandering thread. There was zero pushback on my denunciation of that situation from anyone.

Weird how people are getting defensive about Texas' gerrymandering, though.

Who’s defensive?  I don’t live in Texas and really don’t give a s#!t about it other than to say districts shouldn’t have 10 different sides to them as an example.  But that’s for Texas to work out.  Just as I don’t a s#!t about Kinzinger getting redistricted out.  That’s up to Illinois even though I don’t agree with it.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Regarding the school funding in your city, is your city representative of the whole country?

No.  Is any city actually representative of the whole country?  That particular link I couldn’t read because it popped up as a non-secure site.  If you have a different link that breaks down school district costs, I will check it out. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Black families having less generational wealth and lower rates of home/land ownership than white families?

Single income/single parent families represent a large part of the problem.  That’s indisputable.  White families have had more generations to pass money down, however, the majority of new wealth is first generation wealth (sorry but will need to find the paper on that).  

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

- Black people being denied home loans at a higher rate than white people?

Would need to read your study on this.  

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Black Americans being incarcerated at much higher rates than white Americans?

I believe they commit more crime per capita according to the FBI crime statistics that I have seen. Especially violent crime if I’m not mistaken, which leads to longer prison sentences.  

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Black people being arrested for marijuana possession at a much higher rate than white people, despite marijuana usage being similar?

Don’t have an answer for this, also don’t think I’ve seen data, but would like to make sure amounts of drug on hand are similar across races.  If similar, that would be an injustice that needs worked on immediately. 

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Black people shot by police at a much higher rate proportionally than white people?

I believe I talked about this in a police thread or crime thread, but violent crime encounters are higher per capita 

• Plus1 1