The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

During a segment in which he attacked the labor policies of President Joe Biden, Carlson claimed that unemployment benefits and COVID-19 stimulus measures had driven people to quit their jobs.

"Our labor markets have been getting sicker for generations," Carlson said.

The host then showed two graphs, one showing that male participation in the workforce had dropped since the 1950s to around 65%, which is accurate.

His second graph showed that 80% of women were currently in work, which is untrue.

US Bureau of Labor Statistics data from November shows that 67.8% of men are in work, compared to 56.2% of women.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 8:02 PM, BigRedBuster said:

What right wing media did in throwing their hat in the ring wt Trump's false claims was very stupid and it is coming back to bite them.  Whenever you make a guy like trump your savior, you'll end up in political and or legal hell. 

See the source image

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Now maybe all of their viewers can just switch over the something like the Sci Fi channel for all of their political news.  I'm sure no one in their brood would notice the difference anyhow so in reality they lose nothing.

I hope we can use this opportunity to study the "two sides to every story" platitude that gets so mis-used in the media bias discussion.

There is no liberal equivalent to OAN. Not on a major cable provider. Not in the lefty print media. Maybe the old Pravda of the Soviet Union is the closest example, but OAN has worse production values and more dimwitted on-air personalities. 

AT&T has a lot of customers like me who are always on the verge of switching carriers based on their own poor corporate reputation. I do think customer feedback to AT&T more so than DirectTV drove this decision. 

Tucker Carlson has entered OAN territory. And frankly the whole FOX primetime lineup is nearly as irresponsible. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...