The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Because the conversation isn't about horse medicine, it's about people medicine and the potential benefits of it.  But you're taking the CNN route and pretending you don't know how you're insinuating it.  If you want to be seen as disingenuous that's your choice and it's noted.

Well, me talking about it being a horse medicine is just about as useful as someone claiming it's a drug for a virus.

I think it's useful for people who are going to Tractor Supply to buy it and eat it to save them to hear that it's a horse medicine.  It's noted that you disagree with that.

Has the manufacturer made any statement claiming that the human version might help with a virus?  Have they started trials in the last two years on this?

36 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Ehh... we have to look at the whole picture.

It was primarily groups who had an aversion to mask wearing, vaccinations, and government involvement in the COVID pandemic who INCORRECTLY propagated it as an effective treatment against COVID more than a year ago before anybody on CNN started calling it a horse medication and trying to dunk on people who were taking Ivermectin

So, I'm not going to defend CNN or give them a pass, but the single biggest reason we're having a conversation about Ivermectin right now is because it became an international political pissing match but CNN wasn't the one who made Ivermectin a thing in the first place. Nobody in the media started that. It was the people who started taking the stuff and suggesting it was a safe, effective COVID treatment when it wasn't... and still hasn't proven to be so. Stupidity snowballed from there from all parties involved.

I think the correlation is largely speculative.  Again the media coverage painted a pretty piss poor light of people's hesitancy towards masks and vaccines as a whole in favor of "horse dewormer" style journalism.

Worldwide the usage of Ivermectin and trial results have been very inconsistent from what I gather, some very positive and others ineffective.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, me talking about it being a horse medicine is just about as useful as someone claiming it's a drug for a virus.

You know what you're doing, I'll leave you to it.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Redux said:

You know what you're doing, I'll leave you to it.

Yeah, I kind of do on this subject.

BTW...did you see my edit to this post?

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Has the manufacturer made any statement claiming that the human version might help with a virus?  Have they started trials in the last two years on this?

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah, I kind of do on this subject.

BTW...did you see my edit to this post?

No I typically don't seek out an edit from pages prior.

Putting the talons away, I honestly don't know.  I literally just found this and haven't read through it all the way yet.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-and-ridgebacks-investigational-oral-antiviral-molnupiravir-reduced-the-risk-of-hospitalization-or-death-by-approximately-50-percent-compared-to-placebo-for-patients-with-mild-or-moderat/

And this from over a year ago

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

So as far as I can find no they haven't, and I can only assume why that might be.  Yet other countries continue to research it so take that for what it's worth.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

No I typically don't seek out an edit from pages prior.

Putting the talons away, I honestly don't know.  I literally just found this and haven't read through it all the way yet.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-and-ridgebacks-investigational-oral-antiviral-molnupiravir-reduced-the-risk-of-hospitalization-or-death-by-approximately-50-percent-compared-to-placebo-for-patients-with-mild-or-moderat/

Not sure what Molnupiravir has to do with Ivermectin.  But, at least it's an antiviral drug so, there's at least a chance it will help with Covid.

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

A perfect lesson of somebody who desperately wants something to be true so badly they warp their reality to make it true. 

I can't believe I have to explain this, but doctors should not prescribe or treat a disease with anything that doesn't work, even if it's not harmful. Do you know why doctors don't prescribe Ibuprofen to treat cancer? Because it doesn't work. The harm comes not from the drug, but from the course of the disease a patient thinks is being treated by said drug.

How many people do you think died because they thought Ivermectin was a substitute for the vaccine? To be noted, like I told @knapplc, I really don't care.  If somebody is stupid and wants to die, let them. 

Go Darwin!!!

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure what Molnupiravir has to do with Ivermectin.  But, at least it's an antiviral drug so, there's at least a chance it will help with Covid.

I reference it solely as a reason that they are putting efforts into other medicines over Ivermectin given the direct viral effects.  Ivermectin takes a vastly different route (theoretically speaking) to deal with the symptoms of Covid.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Reading the responses to @Redux and other conservative members of this board reminds me of my neighbor who looked me in the eye and told me that Lady Gaga was a satanic pedophile and Michelle Obama was a man. 

Some people live in their own reality. No amount of explaining that the real danger of promoting ineffective treatments is not from the drug but from the disease they're likely to get is going to change that. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Reading the responses to @Redux and other conservative members of this board reminds me of my neighbor who looked me in the eye and told me that Lady Gaga was a satanic pedophile and Michelle Obama was a man. 

Some people live in their own reality. No amount of explaining that the real danger of promoting ineffective treatments is not from the drug but from the disease they're likely to get is going to change that. 

This is CNN level journalism 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

This is CNN level journalism 

Hey man, you're the one peddling some ineffective treatment based on talking points pushed by the Right that serves to sow distrust in our institutions (vaccines included) which has led to the unnecessary deaths of thousands of people. 

You do you my dude.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

Hey man, you're the one peddling some ineffective treatment based on talking points pushed by the Right that serves to sow distrust in our institutions (vaccines included) which has led to the unnecessary deaths of thousands of people. 

You do you my dude.

You equated Ivermectin to Michelle Obama having a wang.  So your post should be taken as satirical at best.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Redux said:

Actually yes, CNN specifically spread misinformation that Ivermectin wasn't for human consumption.  They did that, why would you pretend that didn't happen?  So yes CNN and the like stigmatized it.

The manufacturer isn't promoting it as a treatment because any usage of Ivermectin as a treatment would be off label.  But you know this.

I want this particular medecine to have its name cleared so that people who can actually benefit from using it if they get Covid can obtain it instead of having their doctors deny them medecine.  Sounds insane doesn't it, to have a doctor deny a safe medicine.  Sounds like a crazy conspiracy.  But luckily some states are fighting past the stigma.  I want it to be available if it works in some instances.  Not all, of course not all.  It's not going to work in a lot of instances.  The same can be said about the vaccine.  It would be nice if we could fill the tool box up when fighting covid, why wouldn't we want to have extra tools?

CNN told people not to buy the livestock version of it IVOMEC (active ingredient Ivermectin) off the sold out shelves at Tractor Supply Company. Just like they told idiots not to drink pool cleaner. 

Cuz this is Murica and we have to explain this to people so they don't kill themselves while exercising their fredums.

5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

CNN told people not to buy the livestock version of it IVOMEC (active ingredient Ivermectin) off the sold out shelves at Tractor Supply Company. Just like they told idiots not to drink pool cleaner. 

Cuz this is Murica and we have to explain this to people so they don't kill themselves while exercising their fredums.

Damn it CNN.......it's not your place to tell these people not to eat horse medicine.  

I actually laugh at this.  I'm probably (hopefully) the only one on this board that knows what Horse Ivermectin tastes like.  FYI....it's f#&%ing awful.  And, these idiots were eating it daily to save their lives.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

You equated Ivermectin to Michelle Obama having a wang.  So your post should be taken as satirical at best.

I equated people making up their own reality and living in it despite factual evidence and their inability to believe in facts that disagree with their world view.

To you, that person is crazy. But that person strongly believes that Michelle Obama has a wang. Their conviction to that false reality is as strong as your conviction to yours. 

• Plus1 1