The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

CNN told people not to buy the livestock version of it IVOMEC (active ingredient Ivermectin) off the sold out shelves at Tractor Supply Company. Just like they told idiots not to drink pool cleaner. 

Cuz this is Murica and we have to explain this to people so they don't kill themselves while exercising their fredums.

I find it really depressing that freedom and stupidly have become something people correlate 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

I equated people making up their own reality and living in it despite factual evidence and their inability to believe in facts that disagree with their world view.

To you, that person is crazy. But that person strongly believes that Michelle Obama has a wang. Their conviction to that false reality is as strong as your conviction to yours. 

There's a pretty distinct difference between speculation on the sex or a former first lady and having concerns over the stigmatisms thrown at a medecine.  You're trying to paint me as a right wing nut, I casually am brushing that notion off.  No harm no foul.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Damn it CNN.......it's not your place to tell these people not to eat horse medicine.  

I actually laugh at this.  I'm probably (hopefully) the only one on this board that knows what Horse Ivermectin tastes like.  FYI....it's f#&%ing awful.  And, these idiots were eating it daily to save their lives.

You're not, but we used it on cattle.

Just now, Redux said:

There's a pretty distinct difference between speculation on the sex or a former first lady and having concerns over the stigmatisms thrown at a medecine.  You're trying to paint me as a right wing nut, I casually am brushing that notion off.  No harm no foul.

You believe there's a distinct difference because that person believes in something obviously untrue. But to them, it's obvious it is true.

Your belief in Ivermectin is no different, other than your belief is far more nefarious and dangerous. An untold number of people died believing in ineffective treatments, Ivermectin included. 

That's not difficult to see for anybody outside your belief system - but just like my crazy neighbor - you've shaped your reality to brush off the obvious contradictory evidence to your belief system. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's not correlation.  Freedom allows people to be stupid if they so choose.  There's a difference.

Yup, and in Murica, people can exercise their fredum, to do stupid crap then pass the blame and sue for millions like it wasn't their fault. Its pretty incredible actually. And the biggest perps are the ones who claim to espouse personal responsibility as their core philosophy.

Just now, knapplc said:

I'm not going back through the last several pages of circular logic.

Has the question of why Ivermectin needs to be used in the fight against covid been answered?

Why is this drug so important?

I think the answer was because it's harmless, unproven, hasn't been given a fair trial even though recent trials show it ineffective in the treatment of Covid, CNN, freedom, not a horse medecine (sic),  Michelle Obama's Wang, and not a right-wing nut.....or something.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You believe there's a distinct difference because that person believes in something obviously untrue. But to them, it's obvious it is true.

Your belief in Ivermectin is no different, other than your belief is far more nefarious and dangerous. An untold number of people died believing in ineffective treatments, Ivermectin included. 

That's not difficult to see for anybody outside your belief system - but just like my crazy neighbor - you've shaped your reality to brush off the obvious contradictory evidence to your belief system. 

This is bold faced nonsense, Ivermectin killed nobody.  Saying such is obviously more nefarious than me hoping for a treatment to coincide with vaccines.  Actually this makes you sound really kind ot awful, I'll give you a chance to try this post again.  Ivermectin is essentially harmless and if people died after having taken it, I'm guessing their Covid was a hospitalization scenario and they either refused it or weren't afforded that luxury.  Please show me the numbers though, how many people died after taking Ivermectin, lol.

You're painting with such a broad brush here I don't know that anything you say at this point will matter I'm afraid.  Ivermectin doesn't kill you.

• Plus1 2

There's actually been valid discussions, though some are so terrified of it that they resort to smear campaign style posts.  Nothing new though.  I'll just say this and we can all move along 

There shouldn't be such pushback or unwillingness to incorporate a safe medicine into the fight against covid if we can study it and deem it even slightly effective.  And mislabeling it as animal medecine was beyond counterproductive.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

No, it doesn’t. You can gave freedom and make smart choices. 

Potatoe potato

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

This is bold faced nonsense, Ivermectin killed nobody.  Saying such is obviously more nefarious than me hoping for a treatment to coincide with vaccines.  Actually this makes you sound really kind ot awful, I'll give you a chance to try this post again.  Ivermectin is essentially harmless and if people died after having taken it, I'm guessing their Covid was a hospitalization scenario and they either refused it or weren't afforded that luxury.  Please show me the numbers though, how many people died after taking Ivermectin, lol.

You're painting with such a broad brush here I don't know that anything you say at this point will matter I'm afraid.  Ivermectin doesn't kill you.

You don't prescribe medice that doesn't work for the disease Its treating because it decreases the efficacy of the drug against what it is supposed to treat and the overall supply of the drug for those who do need it. 

Case in point doctors don't prescribe antibiotics for a virus or a fungal infection. 

It also prevents people from pursuing correct courses of treatment and prevention. Honestly though if those people can isolate themselves and not put my family at risk while they experiment, they can avoid treatment and prevention all they want. Natural selection is a natural process.

• Thanks 1