The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

22 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

People who think Tucker Carlson is an extremist are extremists.

In all honesty, I can't think of a term for an American newsman willing to carry so much water for Vladimir Putin. It goes beyond the traditional spectrum. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

People who think Tucker Carlson is an extremist are extremists.

You can tell when the African American polls are going down for Democrats because the Republicans are racists news articles start to come out.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Enhance said:

I think that's because it's not about logic with shows like that. It's all designed to produce a chemical reaction and get you feeling a certain way about things, and human beings ultimately like to get all up in their feels about that kind of stuff.

It's a very similar reaction to the way this board's users and engagement increases during times of turmoil i.e. coaching changes.

You may also notice a lot of the people who lap up nonsense like Tucker's or Rachel Maddow's are often the same people who dunk on "the media" all the time, which is comically ironic. They're propagating and consuming the same material garbage that gives "the media" a bad name.

Good points. There is an addictive side of it. The “being in the know “ is a powerful need for some people. That is the secret sauce behind Qanon. There is no logical reason for people to believe that stuff but it goes back to the original sin in the garden. Knowledge is power and power can be addictive — so powerful that Trump started an insurrection in order to maintain his hold on that power

• Plus1 1

This is just a flat-out lie. And the bonkers thing is, they provide the video showing they're lying.

They know people won't actually watch the video so they can literally say anything and the base will get frothed up.

• Fire 1
46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is just a flat-out lie. And the bonkers thing is, they provide the video showing they're lying.

They know people won't actually watch the video so they can literally say anything and the base will get frothed up.

It's fine. They didn't put quotes around the Paski text, so it's not a real quote.

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The shortage part isn't disinformation. My son and daughter in law said shelves were bare at their local Target and Walmart.

Nobody is denying there's a shortage.  That's a major problem for families.  However, the idiotic disinformation that there's a shortage because it's being sent to illegal aliens at the border is pretty bad.

• Plus1 5