The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Twitter obviously has had issues that a new owner should be able to fix.....if he/she were a competent and sane adult.  I have very little faith that Elon has the maturity and mental capacity to run a company like this.  

You doubt that Elon Musk has the mental capacity to run Twitter?…. Right…. Twitter will be a cesspool just like it’s always been, the only difference is that Elon and company will likely allow right wing disinformation to be present along with the left wing disinformation that has been spread on that platform for years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You doubt that Elon Musk has the mental capacity to run Twitter?…. Right…. Twitter will be a cesspool just like it’s always been, the only difference is that Elon and company will likely allow right wing disinformation to be present along with the left wing disinformation that has been spread on that platform for years. 

He's a very smart person.  But, maybe questioning his mental capacity is the wrong way to put it.  He's a very smart person who, many times, runs his business very immaturely.  For instance, running Twitter and being on Twitter saying the things he is saying is just wrong.  Or....having the thought processes he does is wrong.  Managing Twitter takes someone like who should be running a news paper. Their own political ideas and opinions should be out of decision making.

43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Their own political ideas and opinions should be out of decision making.

This has never been how Twitter has been run, at least not recently, so I guess it’s just status quo. He’s too important to allow himself to be consumed by Twitter for too long. I imagine he’ll take a step back once he’s had his fun. Honestly, those spaces are so consumed by the left and leftists ideas that I don’t mind the push back that Musk brings.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok :blink:

funny because he got fired and is fighting back in his own way or funny just cause you now don’t like Elon in general? 

Funny because Elon is such a troll.  If true, it's a totally harmless protest as someone was leaving.  If it did real harm to someone, I wouldn't think it's funny.  But, this is.

I really didn't think my post was such a difficult thing to understand.  Kind of a light hearted thing. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Funny because Elon is such a troll.  If true, it's a totally harmless protest as someone was leaving.  If it did real harm to someone, I wouldn't think it's funny.  But, this is.

I really didn't think my post was such a difficult thing to understand.  Kind of a light hearted thing. 

remember that the person you are responding to can't grasp the $8 free speech joke because he hates AOC

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2