The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with the Dominion lawyer when he said that we can and should disagree on issues. But, we should agree on certain truths. That’s where the media needs to work. Informing us on those truths. Not filling us with BS. 

Problem is, they did that. It was a show, on air for 2 hours a night and split into segments of local, national, and international news. Every channel had a version of this show. Not many people watched. They would rather feed their fear and rage addiction and be told what to think. 

If there is one lesson and only one lesson I hope I can get across to my boys it's to let thought leaders, teachers, preachers, coaches, etc help you learn how to think but don't trust anyone that tells you what to think. Learn to gather eveidence and perspective and come to conclusions based on what you've learned by thinking for yourself. It's the most powerful tool you'll ever have.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

If there is one lesson and only one lesson I hope I can get across to my boys it's to let thought leaders, teachers, preachers, coaches, etc help you learn how to think but don't trust anyone that tells you what to think. Learn to gather eveidence and perspective and come to conclusions based on what you've learned by thinking for yourself. It's the most powerful tool you'll ever have.

This is an excellent lesson on thought.  

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

As a parent I consider it my sacred duty to hand down both knowledge and ethics to my kids. I like to think I did a good job, but I still get a lot of pushback from them at ages 19 and 22. I'm also starting to realize they're right at least half the time, and the perspective I get filtered back from them is making me smarter, better, and less set in my ways.  

• Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As a parent I consider it my sacred duty to hand down both knowledge and ethics to my kids. I like to think I did a good job, but I still get a lot of pushback from them at ages 19 and 22. I'm also starting to realize they're right at least half the time, and the perspective I get filtered back from them is making me smarter, better, and less set in my ways.  

My kids are now 22, 25 and 27.  One of the biggest joys I have now is just sitting back and watching them.  If they want my advice, they will ask.  Somehow, i didn't screw them up.  Not sure how....but I think we accomplished what @Born N Bled Red was talking about.

It's wonderful when you get to my stage in life and you can watch and see......we did pretty well with our kids....somehow.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If anything else encapsulates Republicans and the voters who elect them more, I'd love to see it. 

Interesting legal question.  He offered $5 million to "anyone" who can prove him wrong.  So, any of us could use the same evidence the first person used to prove him wrong and win $5 million.  He didn't offer it just to the FIRST person to prove him wrong.