The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe there was a network that was sued and was forced to admit wrong doing on air.  So, I think you're wrong there.

Fox reported a net income last quarter of $321 million.  So, in two quarters, they easily make the money to pay the settlement.  Yes, that hurts.  But, it doesn't give long term damage and I would be very surprised if any of the network celebrities lose their jobs.

The one thing that is satisfying is that so much evidence has been discovered and released.  Hopefully, the other lawsuits accomplish what people are looking for.

Here's a thread explaining better than I can:

54 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Here's a thread explaining better than I can:

I'm not saying Dominion lost.  I'm saying our country lost because there were lots of people who needed to see people like Hannity, Tucker....etc. on the stand admitting they lied.  Dominion came out of this very well financially.  My goal was something more than that.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying Dominion lost.  I'm saying our country lost because there were lots of people who needed to see people like Hannity, Tucker....etc. on the stand admitting they lied.  Dominion came out of this very well financially.  My goal was something more than that.

No one who already believes Hannity, Tucker, etc. is going to be any more convinced if they are on the stand than the depositions and evidence that have already come out. We already know they lied.

So, Faux No News propaganda channel has to pony up 787.5 million dollars for advancing their lies about voter fraud. And, there are over 400 convictions of individuals (with more to come) who stormed the Capitol Building to impede the Constitutional process of verifying the fairest, most secure, and most scrutinized election in our nation's history, because of and believing those lies, while the person responsible for originating the lies, continuing the lies, is playing golf?
But it’s impossible to put a price on damaged trust in US democracy.
Amazing that there are still people who will turn on their TV channel every day to listen to Faux No News and have no clue that they are being played as sycophant fools.
image.jpeg.ab91acd5571d32b3522e70453b38fbd2.jpeg

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

No one who already believes Hannity, Tucker, etc. is going to be any more convinced if they are on the stand than the depositions and evidence that have already come out. We already know they lied.

I agree. No amount of evidence or facts will help convince otherwise those that still consume Fox News.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The one thing that I did think about, that a settlement would probably prevent, is the fear of this somehow ending up at the SC.  I had a fear that Dominion would win a trial, Fox would then appeal it all the way to the SC only to have a bunch of Fox loving justices side with them.

I would think a settlement would prevent that.

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Neither Eric or Filidorski or wrong here 

Fine. Bring the lawsuit. Let’s see if it’s as bad at the other networks. 

I personally don’t watch any of the networks listed….other than CNN …and only when something major is happening and only the reporting and not the opinion shows. 

however, I think there is some delusion in republicans when they think it’s just as bad at other networks as it is at Fox, oan and newsmax.

But, I am more than willing to read and listen to what comes out from a legal proceeding.

When I was a Fox Mews junky, I always said, misinformation from news networks was the biggest threat to America. I just didn’t realize how bad the news was I was consuming.

An area we have to improve in. My opinion is though, that conservatives have listened to Fox News for so long telling them how bad places like CNN. Is, that they actually think they are equal…. And most of it is based on their BS….that is being exposed now. 

But, hey….bring it on and let’s see. 

• TBH 1