The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

His reaction to Obamacare decision was very hyperbolic.  His reaction to 1/6/21 is correct.  All the rioters broke the law need punished and were wrong, but they were never going to take over the government.  At best, they delayed the inevitable by an hour or so? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

His reaction to Obamacare decision was very hyperbolic.  His reaction to 1/6/21 is correct.  All the rioters broke the law need punished and were wrong, but they were never going to take over the government.  At best, they delayed the inevitable by an hour or so? 

I understand why a Republican would want to down play what happened on 1/6.  Good job.  :clap

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand why a Republican would want to down play what happened on 1/6.  Good job.  :clap

Looks like you really don’t understand much once again. I’ve stated all who rioted at the Capital should be punished.   At what point was our Democracy in question that day?  When were you afraid we would under the control of those couple hundred people for the coming future?  We’re you getting your Red Dawn face on in case you had to fight back against the rioters in those coming weeks?  :ahhhhhhhh 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Looks like you really don’t understand much once again. I’ve stated all who rioted at the Capital should be punished.   At what point was our Democracy in question that day?  When were you afraid we would under the control of those couple hundred people for the coming future?  We’re you getting your Red Dawn face on in case you had to fight back against the rioters in those coming weeks?  :ahhhhhhhh 

the coup failed...so it didn't happen is an interesting way of looking at it.   trumps crazies followed his orders to be there to "stop the steal"  what was the steal he told them to stop?  and what did it mean if they did "stop the steal"?   

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I can't speak for others, but personally when an inflamed mob (some of whom were carrying assault rifles and zip ties and planted pipe bombs) broke into the U.S. Capitol by force in an attempt to circumvent regular government proceedings I was very concerned for the continuation of our government. Maybe not everyone who broke in that day was serious but generally I think we should react and be concerned by coup attempts, even if some of the people doing them were wearing funny hats! But you do you.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A mob that was actively motivated by the President to storm the capital.  Many went there with the intent of capturing and killing some of the representatives who were actively partaking in our Democracy.  And...to you, that's just ho hum.....I guess we can punish a few and forget about it.

It's pretty telling. Great job supporting the party.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I can't speak for others, but personally when an inflamed mob (some of whom were carrying assault rifles) 

I am not, repeat not, downplaying the scariness of 1/6.  However, I am 99.9% certain that none of the insurgents were carrying assault rifles.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, J-MAGIC said:

I can't speak for others, but personally when an inflamed mob (some of whom were carrying assault rifles and zip ties and planted pipe bombs) broke into the U.S. Capitol by force in an attempt to circumvent regular government proceedings I was very concerned for the continuation of our government. Maybe not everyone who broke in that day was serious but generally I think we should react and be concerned by coup attempts, even if some of the people doing them were wearing funny hats! But you do you.

Will do.  I’m sorry a rag tag group of rioters in the year 2021 have you afraid they will overtake the country and it  will no exist as we know it.  Hmmmm, I hope Russia and China doesn’t figure out how easy it must be!  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And...to you, that's just ho hum.....I guess we can punish a few and forget about i

Please point to where I said it was “just ho hum”.  I clearly pointed out it was a riot which is quite a lot different than a threat to democracy and our country almost went under as many here suggest.  

At some point quite injecting your own words to what people post and respond to what is actually posted.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is all true.  And it’s why I feel the 2nd amendment needs looked at.  We all know deep down that any armed insurrection will be swiftly stomped by the US military and isn’t a real threat.  Our govt won’t be brought down by force.

I think when it finally does end it’s because people have lost faith in it and no longer admire the democratic processes.  

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I think when it finally does end it’s because people have lost faith in it and no longer admire the democratic processes.  

that is what trump and the far right propaganda network is doing with his stop the steal BS.   and the republican party has done nothing to stop him and actually encourages him.    

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

We obviously agree on very little, but I am in agreement here.  It will be an unfortunate end if it comes to this though.  

• Thanks 1