The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, Moiraine said:

Mayhap.

The other thing is, FoxNews is in the red and that's the go-to news source for Republicans. Including the ones I know in real life. Having trustworthy news sources is vital - without them I have no clue what happened in Washington D.C. today or even in the past year. I don't think many people think about how important it is very often, because I didn't start thinking about until recently. I just thought Fox News was ridiculous but didn't think of any true ramifications of it.

It is worth noting that while somebody obviously put work into this it's still just an opinion on sources, hardly absolute truth. Personally, I'd say anyone that thinks Reason is hard-right but Guardian is center-left is questionable to say the least.

5 hours ago, Danimal said:

It is worth noting that while somebody obviously put work into this it's still just an opinion on sources, hardly absolute truth. Personally, I'd say anyone that thinks Reason is hard-right but Guardian is center-left is questionable to say the least.

I don't know anything about either, but they are both in the yellow box, which is considered "fair interpretations of the news."

23 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not sure where to put this, but it's about the culpability of the press during the Time of Trump.

The very next day, you can see Sanchez's argument playing out in real time. And Maggie Haberman, one of the most visible & important media voices in the Trump era, still refuses to call them lies.

Trump is just flat lying. There is no other explanation, and he's burned any benefit of the doubt long ago it's an honest mistake. He's lying for political benefit to turn people towards him and against the media, as he's done since day 1.

• Plus1 2

I'd like to add this to the above, also from today.

This is another staggeringly obvious example of Trump being completely dishonest. He's just straight lying to people & seeing who is misinformed enough to believe him. 

We as a nation must do better than someone who lies to us so frequently.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder if trump will call out fox news as he does CNN for fake news  .... crickets

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-star-slams-fox-news-misleading-anthem-video-134637529.html

Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Dang, the Eagles are popping off about this. It appears they don't like being lied about.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Dang, the Eagles are popping off about this. It appears they don't like being lied about.

I can't think of a worse fan base to get on the wrong side of, this is a fight Trumpies don't want.  Don't piss off Eagles fan.

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine