The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

On 5/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, BigRedBuster said:

And....here's how the TV arm of the propaganda machine handles his tax problems.

She's right. Most of us could never blow that much money even if we tried :lol:

• Haha 2

Another example of Trump being swayed by Fox and Friends. 

It is also an example of lawlessness.  Trump potential pardons of soldiers before they even have their day

in court is problematic to say the least. 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/5/24/18637360/trump-war-crimes-pardons-gallagher-golsteyn-fox-news-hegseth

Taking cues from Fox News, President Donald Trump is reportedly considering commemorating Memorial Day by pardoning several American troops accused of war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The New York Times reported last Saturday that the Trump administration “made expedited requests” for the paperwork needed to issue a number of pardons, including to troops accused of killing unarmed citizens and detainees. Trump could still change his mind and decide against the pardons — former military officers have come out en masse and said it would be an ill-advised move — but the White House’s requests indicate Trump is seriously considering following through with the pardons.

During a question-and-answer session with reporters ahead of his trip to Japan on Friday, Trump indicated pardons aren’t imminent, but acknowledged he’s considering them. He suggested some of the charges against the soldiers are unfair.

“Some of these soldiers are people that have fought hard and long,” Trump said. “We teach them how to be great fighters, and then when they fight sometimes they get really treated very unfairly. So we’re going to take a look at it.”

“It’s very possible that I’ll let the trials go on and I’ll make my decision after,” he added.

But issuing pardons before people accused of murder have their day in military court would take Trump’s rejection of law and order to a new level.

During Fox News segments Trump is likely watching, Hegseth has made a case that Gallagher and Golsteyn were fighting for the country and just doing what’s necessary in a combat zone. But Bensahel, the defense policy experts from Johns Hopkins, said she doesn’t think that argument holds up.

“Saying that people should be pardoned just because they served in difficult situations undermines the entire military law system, it undermines views of the US as a moral nation, and undermines how the US is seen as applying its own rule of law,” she said.

Ultimately, she argued, the US should be a nation of laws — both at home and in combat zones. “If people don’t think they are going to be held to any sort of standard for their behavior and laws are optional, that undermines the effectiveness of how US forces operate. In addition to the broader political implications, there’s a real danger here for how military units operate if these pardons happen, especially before the system has had a chance to proceed. It’s a grave risk to order and discipline in units.”

For Trump, however, it’s also an opportunity to show that he stands with the troops — even when most of their peers don’t want to stand with someone charged with atrocities.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not sure what to make of this. My understanding is the event was delayed because French President Macron couldn't get there on time.

But Trump clearly says he's holding up the ceremony to speak to Ingraham. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meh....just another lie from Trump.

But....I find it interesting that it seems like certain times, Fox is pushing back against his BS.  Far and few between though.

59 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not sure what to make of this. My understanding is the event was delayed because French President Macron couldn't get there on time.

But Trump clearly says he's holding up the ceremony to speak to Ingraham. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of  this invterview.  Trump again exposes himself as the thug, bully, narcissist that he is - basically his general unfitness for the office and as a representative of US  - the citizens of the USA.   Here he goes after San Fran Nan while overseas.  There use to be an old standard that you didn't criticize the president while he was on foreign ground.  Well he flips that by being critical of practically everyone while he is on foreign ground.  Let see - he's been critical of Bette Midler, Mexico, the London Mayor, the Dutchess, the GOP senators who may oppose Mexico Tariffs, Sen Shumer,  and now San Fran Nan.  I probably missed a few.   The guy is so full of cr..  which means he is so full of himself, he can't help but to put down others so he can look good. He is an insecure, whinny, cry baby :crysnowflake:Frosty: and he exhibits it by being a crass bully:HotTake: fit for the mob not for the white house.  Amendment 25 where are you.   I am so tired of his 'act'.  Even if his policies were all good and acceptable(they aren't), I'd be so tired of him.  2020 can't get here soon enough and even if I have to hold my nose while voting I'll be ready to vote him out.

:rant

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-calls-pelosi-nasty-vindictive-horrible-person-052856580.html

Ahead of his D-Day speech in Normandy, France, on Thursday, Donald Trump sat down with Laura Ingraham. During their conversation, the president reacted to reports that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she’d rather see him in prison than see him impeached. This allegedly came as Pelosi clashed with Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler over possible impeachment proceedings. Trump responded by calling Pelosi a “disgrace.”

“I actually don’t think she’s a talented person,” he said. “I’ve tried to be nice to her because I would have liked to have gotten some deals done. She’s incapable of doing deals. She’s a nasty, vindictive, horrible person.”

Trump also went after her congressional district.

“Ask Nancy, why is her district a drug needles all over the place?” Trump asked. “It’s the most disgusting thing what she’s allowed to happen to her district, with needles, with drug addicts, with people living in the middle of the streets, with people living in the sidewalk. You can’t go … She ought to focus on that because she’s a disaster.”

And because Trump already had Pelosi on his mind, he transitioned to taking shots at Chuck Schumer too.

While speaking about members of Congress opposed to possible tariffs against Mexico, including many Republicans, Trump said, “But we have Pelosi. We have cryin’ Chuck Schumer, who’s a disaster by the way. He’s a total political jerk.”

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine