The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

A crack in Trump's armor sort of.   Michael Savage interview is interesting.  It does show that there are some doubts out there in conservative land about

Trump, his broken promises and his ability to lead.   While Savage voices his doubts, Trump's loyal, kool aid, cult like followers call in to support Trump

regardless. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/us/politics/michael-savage-trump.html

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

^ every day I feel more enlightened on how something like the Holocaust could happen. 

i would compare this to about 1935 or so  germany.....they were not killing anyone yet...but they were very busy dehumanizing people.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Good God, I'm starting to get sick of this. The internet is starting to twist things too much in order to squeeze out what it wants to hear. Tucker actually has a point, and an ok one for once. We ally ourselves with some pretty s#!tty people to position ourselves where we want to be. I don't like it, and most of you don't either, but it's reality. Further more leading a nation means directing it's military, and guess what, people are going to die.

That being said I don't think there is anything redeemable about trying to work with North Korea, aside from freeing their people.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, ZRod said:

Good God, I'm starting to get sick of this. The internet is starting to twist things too much in order to squeeze out what it wants to hear. Tucker actually has a point, and an ok one for once. We ally ourselves with some pretty s#!tty people to position ourselves where we want to be. I don't like it, and most of you don't either, but it's reality. Further more leading a nation means directing it's military, and guess what, people are going to die.

Yep. Reagan, Stalin - equal since both got some people killed.

• Plus1 2

16 hours ago, ZRod said:

That being said I don't think there is anything redeemable about trying to work with North Korea, aside from freeing their people.

A guy who obsessed about Benghazi is saying the torture of hundreds of thousands of people in concentration camps is really not that big of a deal because people die in every country. Your response here is mind boggling.

It’s silly to point out North Korea is mean because people are killed in every country? You have to be f#&%ing kidding me. The internet doesn’t have to “twist” anything to make what he said f#&%ing ludicrous. What the hell is being twisted? We’re discussing the exact thing he said. I suggest you read some first hand accounts of what happens to people in North Korea, and the sheer number of people it happens to, and not think someone has a point when they equate them with pretty much any other country.

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yep. Reagan, Stalin - equal since both got some people killed.

Did I make that point, did Tucker? His point was that Trump is less concerned with working with bad apples and the optics of in order to get what he wants. Right, wrong, or indifferent.

36 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

A guy who obsessed about Benghazi is saying the torture of hundreds of thousands of people in concentration camps is really not that big of a deal because people die in every country. Your response here is mind boggling.

It’s silly to point out North Korea is mean because people are killed in every country? You have to be f#&%ing kidding me. The internet doesn’t have to “twist” anything to make what he said f#&%ing ludicrous. What the hell is being twisted? We’re discussing the exact thing he said. I suggest you read some first hand accounts of what happens to people in North Korea, and the sheer number of people it happens to, and not think someone has a point when they equate them with pretty much any other country.

I suggest you actually listen to what he said. His point wasn't that they are "mean", he didn't defend their actions. He said Trump doesn't really care about those kinds of things if it can get him what he wants out of it. However misguided his intentions maybe it's the truth, and it's how many presidents have operated in the past supporting dictators. We are currently allies with the Saudies for Christ's sake! They're not the nicest people on the block either.

Tucker is an idiot, but even an idiot can make a point every now and then.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Did I make that point, did Tucker? His point was that Trump is less concerned with working with bad apples and the optics of in order to get what he wants. Right, wrong, or indifferent.

I suggest you actually listen to what he said. His point wasn't that they are "mean", he didn't defend their actions. He said Trump doesn't really care about those kinds of things if it can get him what he wants out of it. However misguided his intentions maybe it's the truth, and it's how many presidents have operated in the past supporting dictators. We are currently allies with the Saudies for Christ's sake! They're not the nicest people on the block either.

Tucker is an idiot, but even an idiot can make a point every now and then.

I don’t see anything in the quote that indicates it’s merely an explanation of Trump’s mindset or why he does what he does. If you want to provide context I’ll read it but I’m not watching a Fox opinion/liar show. I don’t watch opinion shows on any network.

I think everyone else thought we were discussing the quoted statement. There is nothing in the quoted statement that anyone should be in agreement on or think is a good point. It isn’t silly or stupid to point out that NK tortures and starves hundreds of thousands of prisoners.

I don’t think Saudi Arabia should be our ally and I think lots of past presidents have been wrong to continue that but Trump is similarly wrong. Additionally, they don’t hold a candle to North Korea when it comes to # of victims. SA is said to have 5,000 political prisoners. NK is said to have 150,000-200,000. Being allies with one s#!tty country doesn’t mean we should seek out more and worse ones. 

32 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t see anything in the quote that indicates it’s merely an explanation of Trump’s mindset or why he does what he does. If you want to provide context I’ll read it but I’m not watching a Fox opinion/liar show. I don’t watch opinion shows on any network.

I think everyone else thought we were discussing the quoted statement. There is nothing in the quoted statement that anyone should be in agreement on or think is a good point. It isn’t silly or stupid to point out that NK tortures and starves hundreds of thousands of prisoners.

I don’t think Saudi Arabia should be our ally and I think lots of past presidents have been wrong to continue that but Trump is similarly wrong. Additionally, they don’t hold a candle to North Korea when it comes to # of victims. SA is said to have 5,000 political prisoners. NK is said to have 150,000-200,000. Being allies with one s#!tty country doesn’t mean we should seek out more and worse ones. 

If you're not going to watch the full clip then don't even bother to comment on a gotchya headline. Seriously, you of all people know better than that. He literally says in the clip that NK is indefensible, monstrous, stalinist, disgusting. Then goes on to explain the small clip that was quoted. There's an argument to be made against what Tucker actually said, but you guys are running with something completely different than what his intended statement was.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He literally says in the clip that NK is indefensible, monstrous, stalinist, disgusting. Then goes on

Then goes on to defend them and Trump by literally saying it’s silly and stupid to point out they’re mean, and for the record, referring to torture as “mean” is bad enough by itself to not even need the full quote above.

He may have had other intentions or was trying to make things sound better but I think he accidentally said exactly what he feels in the quoted part. His intentions at all turns are to defend Trump, who for the most part is indefensible. Him saying NK is indefensible means nothing.

People always talk this way when they’re about to say something stupid. “I have Black friends but,” “North Korea is evil but.”

Also, I didn’t comment on the tweeted headline nor was it what caught my attention. 

• Plus1 3
  • knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine