The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Really?

AOC was tending bar 4 years ago.  While she was a commoner and on no ones radar, the DNC did what they could to make campaigning difficult for Sanders, who AOC would closely align with.  If you think life in the DNC is hard for Bernie, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Could be!  But I think they are grooming her.  Next cycle, she's eligible.  I can't stand her.  But she will be a force in 4 years and Trump will be out of eligibility.

And as for her tending bar 4yrs ago, well we've seen tbat prior experience and resume mean diddly concerning who runs for POTUS.

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think you know much about the DNC.

That's probably accurate

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not to mention the fact that AOC will be 34 when the next election rolls around so, yeah...

That's not accurate.

She will be 31 in October, come the 2024 election she would be 35 by voting day.  Is there a grace period or do you HAVE to be 35 before you run?  Edit* looks like you just have to be 35 when you're sworn in.  So....

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I love how the conversation here revolves around no one believing there is a possibility Biden comes out and curbstomps Trump.

There's going to be plenty of crow being eaten if that happens.

I'll happily eat crow if Trump gets curb stomped, especially if it leads to major changes in the Repub party. But I wonder if there will be any self-reflection, let alone crow eating, if Biden loses or gets curb stomped by Trump.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Could be!  But I think they are grooming her.  Next cycle, she's eligible.  I can't stand her.  But she will be a force in 4 years and Trump will be out of eligibility.

And as for her tending bar 4yrs ago, well we've seen tbat prior experience and resume mean diddly concerning who runs for POTUS.

My comment about tending bar wasn’t meant to be a knock on her abilities.  But it shows that the DNC isn’t prepping for AOC when they were doing these things before anyone even knew who she was.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

My comment about tending bar wasn’t meant to be a knock on her abilities.  But it shows that the DNC isn’t prepping for AOC when they were doing these things before anyone even knew who she was.

No, but you can't tell me they aren't chomping at the bit to get her in a caucus.

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Part of me (The tinfoil hat side) thinks they don't want to win this one just so that after 4 more years of Trump it will be that much easier to get AOC elected.  Because that's the ultimate goal.

AOC is just as if not moreso anti-establishment as Bernie is, so I don't think that's the case, but I am totally certain that there are plenty of Dem establishment players who wouldn't mind having another four years of Trump. They'll keep their positions of power, so what do they care?

1 hour ago, Redux said:

No, but you can't tell me they aren't chomping at the bit to get her in a caucus.

I think others have said this to you before, but it seems like you should like AOC, even if she sometimes says dumb or inaccurate things (I don't think her propensity for this is any higher than your average politician - she's just the GOP's whipping girl). The DNC definitely doesn't want her to be the face of their party, and probably doesn't want her to get near as much attention as she gets. She isn't the type of person they want leading their party. The DNC is made up of individuals, so that could change, but at the moment they seem to like candidates like Clinton and Biden, who are extremely dissimilar from AOC.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think others have said this to you before, but it seems like you should like AOC, even if she sometimes says dumb or inaccurate things (I don't think her propensity for this is any higher than your average politician - she's just the GOP's whipping girl). The DNC definitely doesn't want her to be the face of their party, and probably doesn't want her to get near as much attention as she gets. She isn't the type of person they want leading their party. The DNC is made up of individuals, so that could change, but at the moment they seem to like candidates like Clinton and Biden, who are extremely dissimilar from AOC.

And on paper, knapp should like Tulsi Gabbard.

I think the DNC is higher on her than you assume.  She makes an impact, regardless of whether or not she deserves to.  She has a presence, whether she should or not.  And she is a young fresh, FEMALE face.  After a long stringn of old rich white guy Dems and Hillary, she is kind of exactly what the Dems need next time around.  Honestly Idk who the Republicans could put up against her.

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

I think the DNC is higher on her than you assume.  She makes an impact, regardless of whether or not she deserves to.  She has a presence, whether she should or not.  And she is a young fresh, FEMALE face.  After a long stringn of old rich white guy Dems and Hillary, she is kind of exactly what the Dems need next time around.  Honestly Idk who the Republicans could put up against her.

But it doesn't really matter what they need. I don't think they're smart enough to see that and they want to win but at the same time continue to be beneficiaries of companies that don't care that much about the country.

• Plus1 1

Trump calls WSJ fake news.  He is a fake president.  He can't fill the job and everyone knows it.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-rips-the-wall-street-journal-over-editorial-slamming-coronavirus-pressers-wsj-is-fake-news/

On Wednesday, the WSJ editorial board ripped the coronavirus press conferences — which frequently allow Trump to demand praise, for his efforts — in a column which argued the press conferences frequently devolve into a “useless squabble” with the press pool in the room

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine