The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

No sane and rational person should have any confidence that the opinions they receive from Fox News, CNN or MSNBC are factual information.

One of the principal goals of Russiagate was the censorship of alternative news sites, disingenuously labeling them as Kremlin tools or racist.

2 hours ago, Apsu said:

No sane and rational person should have any confidence that the opinions they receive from Fox News, CNN or MSNBC are factual information.

One of the principal goals of Russiagate was the censorship of alternative news sites, disingenuously labeling them as Kremlin tools or racist.

These two things have never claimed to be the same thing...

25 minutes ago, ZRod said:

These two things have never claimed to be the second thing...

Including my post.

But if you want to get reliable information, you cannot rely on Fox, CNN or MSNBC. You need at least a dozen or more sources with known biases, so you can triangulate toward the most likely version of what happened.
Unfortunately sites like Google, Yahoo, YouTube, twitter and even Wikipedia are censoring alternate non-mainstream news.

19 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Including my post.

But if you want to get reliable information, you cannot rely on Fox, CNN or MSNBC. You need at least a dozen or more sources with known biases, so you can triangulate toward the most likely version of what happened.
Unfortunately sites like Google, Yahoo, YouTube, twitter and even Wikipedia are censoring alternate non-mainstream news.

Like what?

You don't need a dozen sources. You need a brain and critical thinking skills. Despite their bias journalists from The Washington Post, The New York Times, CNN, and other mainstream sources have had extremely accurate reporting surrounding all of Trump's scandals.

Additional sources should be from outside the country. Things like the BBC, and Al Jazeera add a good global rounding to information.

Now if you want to argue opinion pieces, then I think you should generally ignore them. As they typically serve little if any purpose other than advancing someone else's agenda.

• Plus1 1

I mentioned a dozen sources because not all international sites have the same expertise.

For example Haaretz (https://www.haaretz.com/) had the best coverage of the Israeli elections, Al Aribiya (http://english.alarabiya.net/) gives you the Saudi perspective as opposed to that of the Emir of Qatar (https://www.aljazeera.com/).

You can use this site (http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/index.htm) to find world newspapers.

Just seeing the headlines from The NY Times, I swear people are just telling the press anything about Trump and the Times will run a story.   Two latest I saw, Trump wanted to build a moat filled with alligators or snakes at the southern border to prevent immigration and Trump wanted to shoot immigrants in the legs so they couldn’t run.   This cant be real.   I just can’t believe he suggested either one of these.   

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sho said:

Just seeing the headlines from The NY Times, I swear people are just telling the press anything about Trump and the Times will run a story.   Two latest I saw, Trump wanted to build a moat filled with alligators or snakes at the southern border to prevent immigration and Trump wanted to shoot immigrants in the legs so they couldn’t run.   This cant be real.   I just can’t believe he suggested either one of these.   

I have to believe these were off the cuff, sarcastic, comments like shooting someone on 5th Ave. 

1 hour ago, sho said:

i am shocked he added "in the legs"

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine