Trump Legal Troubles

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm getting really sick and freakin' tired hearing about "book deals"...

If the info she is "sharing" is so damning, it needs to be public today.  I'm not about to pay to see how corrupt my president is.  

Sounds like she needs to be subpoenaed.

Edit:  Side note, but that's what frustrates me so much about Kelly Anne & George Conway.  They are going to make a killing on a book deal in a few years.  This is all just a f#&%ing scheme to the people we put in charge.  It's infuriating.

Can’t argue with that. 

I just find it interesting that it’s his own family. Bet she doesn’t get invited over for July 4th weekend. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can’t argue with that. 

I just find it interesting that it’s his own family. Bet she doesn’t get invited over for July 4th weekend. 

I agree, it is definitely interesting.  

But is it "hey, your house is on fire!" interesting? Or is it "I know a way for you to lower the cost of your auto insurance" kind of interesting?

I'm guessing more of the latter...

23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I agree, it is definitely interesting.  

But is it "hey, your house is on fire!" interesting? Or is it "I know a way for you to lower the cost of your auto insurance" kind of interesting?

I'm guessing more of the latter...

Without being subpoenaed and under oath, this is nothing more than a relative trying to make him look bad. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Without being subpoenaed and under oath, this is nothing more than a relative trying to make him look bad. 

Yep.  No reason to buy the book or count on anything coming from it.

Hell, I could write a book about all the stupid and disqualifying stuff I've heard Trump say.  We all could.  

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Eventually, I hope, a lot of answers  regarding Trump and his shady financial history will come out.   Pretty interesting read here.   

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/09/donald-trump-has-never-explained-a-mysterious-50-million-chicago-unit-acquisition-loan-is-it-evidence-of-tax-fraud/

Interesting is right. Wonder how much of this type of shady sh*t (not just Trump) happens on a daily basis?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Poor little snowflake. 

Notice in the article below, that others in the admin have to go out of their way to plan events to help trump in the midst of his victimhood.

Trump the victim: President complains in private

WASHINGTON - Callers on President Donald Trump in recent weeks have come to expect what several allies and advisers describe as a "woe-is-me" preamble.

The president rants about the deadly coronavirus destroying "the greatest economy," one he claims to have personally built. He laments the unfair "fake news" media, which he vents never gives him any credit. And he bemoans the "sick, twisted" police officers in Minneapolis, whose killing of an unarmed black man in their custody provoked the nationwide racial justice protests that have confounded the president.

Gone, say these advisers and confidants, many speaking on the condition of anonymity to detail private conversations, are the usual pleasantries and greetings.

Instead, Trump often launches into a monologue placing himself at the center of the nation's turmoil. The president has cast himself in the starring role of the blameless victim - of a deadly pandemic, of a stalled economy, of deep-seated racial unrest, all of which happened to him rather than the country.  Trump put his self-victimization on public display Thursday in response to a Supreme Court ruling rejecting his claim of absolute immunity and permitting a New York prosecutor to see the president's private and business financial records.Trump reacted with a social media meltdown, writing on Twitter, "PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT!" and "POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!" He wrote that the decision was "Not fair to this Presidency" and claimed that "Courts in the past have given 'broad deference'. BUT NOT ME!"Trump has always exhibited a healthy ego and his self-victimization tendencies are not a new phenomenon, according to those who have known him over the years. But those characteristics have been especially pronounced this summer, revealing themselves almost daily in everything from private conversations to public tweets as the pandemic continues to upend daily life across America and threaten the president's political fortunes.Barbara Res, a former executive at the Trump Organization, said that when she worked for Trump, he interpreted nearly everything in deeply personal terms."Whatever bad happened, no matter what it was, it was always against him, always directed at him," Res said. "He would say, 'Why does everything always happen to me?' "She added: "It was as if the world revolved around him. Everything that happened had an effect on him, good or bad."   Now, however, Trump's sense of victimhood strikes even some allies as particularly incongruous considering the devastation wrought by the pandemic and the pain and anguish apparent in Black Lives Matter protests. 

More than 130,000 Americans so far have died of the novel coronavirus, with more than 3 million cases reported. Nearly 43 million Americans - more than a quarter of the labor force - have filed for unemployment benefits since the pandemic began. And the nation is riven not just by protests following the death of George Floyd, the unarmed black man killed in Minneapolis police custody, but also by a president who has deliberately stoked racial animus.

Even those in Trump's orbit are trying to nudge him toward a sunnier, less egocentric approach to the crises he is facing, fearing that his sullen demeanor could backfire politically. Among those internally who have advocated a more optimistic tone are Alyssa Farah, the White House communications director, and Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and senior adviser, according to one senior administration official.

Other top White House advisers - including Hope Hicks and Dan Scavino - have also sought to buttress Trump's mood with events they thought he would enjoy, such as celebrating truckers by bringing 18-wheelers onto the White House South Lawn in mid-April or creating social media videos that feature throngs of his adoring fans, according to aides.

Advisers also have sought to boost Trump's mood by presenting him internal polling that shows him in a better position than public surveys, which universally show him trailing presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Why would a subpoena under oath matter? Bill Barr is his defense attorney, and Senate Republicans are accomplices. 

18 minutes ago, QMany said:

Why would a subpoena under oath matter? Bill Barr is his defense attorney, and Senate Republicans are accomplices. 

Honestly, I had to look back at this conversation and remember what it was even about.  

I think my thought process was that people write books all the time embellishing or making stuff up.  They can still do that under oath, but most people would tend to tell more of the truth at that point due to concerns of getting in trouble from lying.  

And, people like Trump supporters can just brush this off as a disgruntled relative that wants to make a dime.

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Honestly, I had to look back at this conversation and remember what it was even about.  

I think my thought process was that people write books all the time embellishing or making stuff up.  They can still do that under oath, but most people would tend to tell more of the truth at that point due to concerns of getting in trouble from lying.  

And, people like Trump supporters can just brush this off as a disgruntled relative that wants to make a dime.

I understand what you're saying.

But it wouldn't matter if it was under oath; Trump cultists brush off everything as disgruntled employee, relative, victim, etc. Their (sad) hero can do no wrong. They are chugging the punch. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I wonder what the major national announcement will be :dunno .......  I'm sure trump will have his twitter fingers ready and his lawyers including Barr ready to defend.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/new-york-attorney-general-to-deliver-major-national-announcement

New York State Attorney General Letitia James said she will deliver a "major national announcement" on Thursday.

A statement released Wednesday evening said the announcement will happen at her office at 11:30 a.m.

The subject of the announcement was not immediately clear.

Late last month, James "asked a federal judge to consider a possible inquiry into false statements from the Trump administration that led the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s Office to retract arguments in defense of a policy to exclude New York from federal programs intended to expedite international travel," according to the New York Law Journal.

James, a Democrat, has filed lawsuits against the president and his administration over a number of issues since she took the attorney general job at the beginning of 2019.

• Plus1 1