Trump Legal Troubles

27 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Again, I wish there was a way to delay this stuff and not talk about it until after January. If Trump is scared he will go to jail he will stop at nothing to become a dictator, and then none of the legal cases matter.

And, he's already making his followers believe the election is rigged against him and putting ideas in their heads about violence if it happens.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, he's already making his followers believe the election is rigged against him and putting ideas in their heads about violence if it happens.

Yes, he has been preparing the ground for riots, revolts, insurrection for some time now.  His speeches over the weekend were pretty despicable - his personal attacks on Biden and his lies about the election being rigged.    

• 3 weeks later...

25 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

So indict Ivanka. 

17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

You are right, she isn't protected by being president. 

So, if I have this right, people are wanting both Donny and Ivanka indicted because of her "consulting" fees he paid her, right?

I think the case against either of them would be a lot stronger against him.  I would think she could charge anyone for that, but it's up to up him to make sure its appropriate and not use it as a tax deduction.

But...I might be wrong if they both colluded with it to commit tax fraud.

37 minutes ago, ZRod said:

What about state taxes? Seems like their could be enough smoke to get an investigation going in New York, or wherever his properties are.

NY State is well underway looking into this but indicting the sitting president's daughter would come off as highly suspect to many people this close to an election and they know Trump would turn all his ire on them as a means to revive his campaign from life support.

Bill Barr would never do anything to harm Donald Trump because he's a right-wing crank.

So we're going to have to wait until after November for any of this.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if I have this right, people are wanting both Donny and Ivanka indicted because of her "consulting" fees he paid her, right?

I think the case against either of them would be a lot stronger against him.  I would think she could charge anyone for that, but it's up to up him to make sure its appropriate and not use it as a tax deduction.

But...I might be wrong if they both colluded with it to commit tax fraud.

An article I read is that Trump paid Ivanka millions in consulting fees, and then wrote it off as a tax deduction. Where it is illegal is that she is a member of the company, and therefore ineligible to be paid as a consultant. If anyone has more time to provide a better explanation, please do. 

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

An article I read is that Trump paid Ivanka millions in consulting fees, and then wrote it off as a tax deduction. Where it is illegal is that she is a member of the company, and therefore ineligible to be paid as a consultant. If anyone has more time to provide a better explanation, please do. 

That's pretty much the gist of it. The NYT article also had a quote from one of the companies the Trumps did buisness with saying that Ivanka, nor anyone did any kind of consulting with them.