Trump Legal Troubles

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I am no expert (on anything at all) but speech pathologists that I have worked in the classroom don't really mention anything about concentrating on not stuttering, they say that tends to cause anxiety and makes it worse.  They say to speak slowly.  

Maybe it is the same thing.  I have not had many stutters in class.  The ones I did have never rambled like Joe.  They were more like Tom Shatel.  

https://www.healthline.com/health/stuttering#symptoms

• physical changes like facial tics, lip tremors, excessive eye blinking, and tension in the face and upper body
  • frustration when attempting to communicate
  • hesitation or pausing before starting to speak
  • refusal to speak
  • interjections of extra sounds or words into sentences, such as “uh” or “um”
  • repetition of words or phrases
  • tension in the voice
  • rearrangement of words in a sentence
  • making long sounds with words, such as “My name is Amaaaaaaanda”
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.healthline.com/health/stuttering#symptoms

• physical changes like facial tics, lip tremors, excessive eye blinking, and tension in the face and upper body
  • frustration when attempting to communicate
  • hesitation or pausing before starting to speak
  • refusal to speak
  • interjections of extra sounds or words into sentences, such as “uh” or “um”
  • repetition of words or phrases
  • tension in the voice
  • rearrangement of words in a sentence
  • making long sounds with words, such as “My name is Amaaaaaaanda”

Yes, that is what I said, they tell them to slow down.   They do not say "concentrate on not stuttering" 

I have never even heard them say something like "Concentrate on not stuttering" it would be pointless, the kid is already trying to not stutter. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes, that is what I said, they tell them to slow down.   They do not say "concentrate on not stuttering" 

I have never even heard them say something like "Concentrate on not stuttering" it would be pointless, the kid is already trying to not stutter. 

I'm not saying they are told to concentrate on not stuttering.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying they are told to concentrate on not stuttering.

Well you said that if joe is "concentrating on not stuttering", so I was just commenting on that, it really isn't what they would be taught to do as a way to help with the stutter, just from what I have seen.   But Joe is old so maybe back then it was a coping strategy that was taught or maybe it is just what he does to help him feel comfortable.  

No big deal either way.  Joe doesn't really stutter all that much, I don't think most people would even know he had a stutter. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This isn't in defense of Trump, but aside from his obvious narcissistic traits, Trump has more mental capabilities than Biden at this point. Sadly, Biden has severe mental decline. It's why they hide him from the press, and when he does come out it's usually brief, and very choreographed.

Yeah, this actually isn't true. The Biden who occasionally stumbles over words in public still sits down in the Oval Office, consumes briefings, consults experts, strategizes political navigation, and crafts scripted responses that you may not agree with, but reveal far more cognitive function than the previous occupant. 

Was/Is Trump more mentally proficient, but didn't exercise those abilities out of laziness and narcissism?  Maybe.  But compare Trump's extemporaneous speeches lately to his off-the-cuff interviews from 10 years ago, and you'll see that dude is in a steep decline of his own. 

• Plus1 3

It's funny. Biden has been in the public eye for 40 years, and in the spotlight for the last 15. He became notorious as a gaffe machine, nothing to do with the stuttering and everything to do with shooting from the hip in a way Obama studiously avoided.

Take every gaffe Joe Biden has made in forty years, and Trump could top that in a week, minus any corrections or apologies. 

• Plus1 4

• 1 month later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-organization-attorneys-given-monday-deadline-to-persuade-prosecutors-not-to-file-charges-against-it/ar-AALvGPp?ocid=uxbndlbing

Prosecutors in New York have given former president Donald Trump’s attorneys a deadline of Monday afternoon to make any final arguments as to why the Trump Organization should not face criminal charges over its financial dealings, according to two people familiar with the matter.

That deadline is a strong signal that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. (D) and New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) — now working together, after each has spent more than two years investigating Trump’s business — are considering criminal charges against the company as an entity.

Earlier this year, Vance convened a grand jury in Manhattan to consider indictments in the investigation. No entity or individual has been charged in the investigations thus far, and it remains possible that no charges will be filed.

Prosecutors have shown interest in whether Trump’s company used misleading valuations of its properties to deceive lenders and taxing authorities, and in whether taxes were paid on fringe benefits for company executives, according to court documents and people familiar with the investigations.

The two people familiar with the deadline set for Trump’s attorneys spoke on the condition of anonymity to disclose private conversations. Under New York law, prosecutors may file charges against corporations in addition to individuals.

Last Thursday, lawyers working for Trump personally and for the Trump Organization met virtually with prosecutors to make the case that charges were not warranted. Meetings like these are common in financial investigations, allowing defense attorneys a chance to present evidence before prosecutors make a decision on whether to seek charges.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1