Trump Legal Troubles

Secretary of State Katie Hobbs asks Attorney General Mark Brnovich to investigate possible election interference by Donald Trump, allies

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs on Wednesday asked Attorney General Mark Brnovich to open a criminal investigation into possible efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to influence Maricopa County supervisors as the ballots were still being tallied.

Hobbs said some of the communications “involve clear efforts to induce supervisors to refuse to comply with their duties,” which could violate Arizona law. She cited The Arizona Republic’s reporting last week on text messages and voicemails from the White House, Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and Arizona Republican Party Chair Kelli Ward to the Republican members of the Board of Supervisors.

“The reporting also includes firsthand statements from the victims of this potential crime,” Hobbs said. She cited at least one potential felony charge under Arizona law.

Brnovich did not immediately comment on Hobbs’ request, which was emailed directly to the attorney general shortly after 1 p.m.

Late Wednesday, Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., called on U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland to examine the possibility of "an extremely serious crime" in what Gallago called a "pressure campaign" exerted by the Trump campaign and party officials.

Their efforts "reflect a disturbing trend following the 2020 election of Trump advisors and allies, and even former President Trump himself, committing potential crimes to overturn the election," Gallego wrote.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Secretary of State Katie Hobbs asks Attorney General Mark Brnovich to investigate possible election interference by Donald Trump, allies

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs on Wednesday asked Attorney General Mark Brnovich to open a criminal investigation into possible efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to influence Maricopa County supervisors as the ballots were still being tallied.

Hobbs said some of the communications “involve clear efforts to induce supervisors to refuse to comply with their duties,” which could violate Arizona law. She cited The Arizona Republic’s reporting last week on text messages and voicemails from the White House, Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and Arizona Republican Party Chair Kelli Ward to the Republican members of the Board of Supervisors.

“The reporting also includes firsthand statements from the victims of this potential crime,” Hobbs said. She cited at least one potential felony charge under Arizona law.

Brnovich did not immediately comment on Hobbs’ request, which was emailed directly to the attorney general shortly after 1 p.m.

Late Wednesday, Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., called on U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland to examine the possibility of "an extremely serious crime" in what Gallago called a "pressure campaign" exerted by the Trump campaign and party officials.

Their efforts "reflect a disturbing trend following the 2020 election of Trump advisors and allies, and even former President Trump himself, committing potential crimes to overturn the election," Gallego wrote.

Great job Republicans!!!!  :clap

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No. I asked how long and one possible answer could be never.  

In fairness to Archy, I would be surprised if they wouldn't be leaked at least in part. I agree with him on this point. 

At a minimum the NYT would write an article which likely confirms what they published last year, at least that's my guess. 

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Are you saying he's fighting this because they could be leaked?

Every other major Presidential candidate released their returns willingly.  Why would he be so scared that for them to be leaked?

That’s a question for him to answer.  

Are you saying it’s ok for tax returns to be leaked?  

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

That’s a question for him to answer.  

Are you saying it’s ok for tax returns to be leaked?  

I didn't say that.  But, when I asked why he would fight this so much, you came back with asking about them getting leaked.  So, it appears you're saying he's fighting it because he's scared they would be leaked.

That would then appear that you would understand why he would be scared of that.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I didn't say that.  But, when I asked why he would fight this so much, you came back with asking about them getting leaked.  So, it appears you're saying he's fighting it because he's scared they would be leaked.

That would then appear that you would understand why he would be scared of that.

Riddle me this,  how would I know what he is allegedly scared of if his returns get leaked?  I’m not really on Trump’s dial list.  

we can both agree that he has been audited at the very least, once, as confirmed by the NYT’s.  I would guess that audit would have found wrongdoing with the financial numbers if there was any.   

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Riddle me this,  how would I know what he is allegedly scared of if his returns get leaked?  I’m not really on Trump’s dial list.  

we can both agree that he has been audited at the very least, once, as confirmed by the NYT’s.  I would guess that audit would have found wrongdoing with the financial numbers if there was any.   

According to him, the audit isn't finished.  Remember, he said he would release them after the audit was done.

Or, was that just another one of his lies?