Trump Legal Troubles

19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

In the end it's a Lose Lose for the GOP (shocker) and a bigly win for the rest of us who know better.  They're all in on the MAGA/Trump train and when he goes down poor little Ronald isn't going to be able to drum up enough support either.  Even if by default.   

I wish I could be that optimistic but every last Republican I know who isn't a diehard cult member claim that they don't want Trump to run.  But when pressed they all admit that if he wins the nomination they will vote for him over a Democratic. 

That leaves independent swing voters who vote strictly in things like gas prices and who have no concept that democracy is on the line.  Throw in the headwinds that Democrats face including the likelihood of running a geriatric candidate and I can absolutely see Trump getting elected again especially if Desantis swallows his pride and crawls on the ticket as VP.  

The perfect storm is brewing 

28 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I wish I could be that optimistic but every last Republican I know who isn't a diehard cult member claim that they don't want Trump to run.  But when pressed they all admit that if he wins the nomination they will vote for him over a Democratic. 

That leaves independent swing voters who vote strictly in things like gas prices and who have no concept that democracy is on the line.  Throw in the headwinds that Democrats face including the likelihood of running a geriatric candidate and I can absolutely see Trump getting elected again especially if Desantis swallows his pride and crawls on the ticket as VP.  

Totally possible, but is this a bad thing? 

If this happens, America gets what it deserves. 

27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Totally possible, but is this a bad thing? 

If this happens, America gets what it deserves. 

I guess not totally in a masochistic sort of way.  The "I told you so" value would be epic...short-lived but banner.  

On 3/18/2023 at 8:12 AM, Scarlet said:

Agreed. I feel like Trump was fading. This arrest might elevate him back. If his followers riot like Jan6 however, that might hurt him.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

Agreed. I feel like Trump was fading. This arrest might elevate him back. If his followers riot like Jan6 however, that might hurt him.

trump said he could shoot someone and not lose any of his supporters     and it seems he was right.   matter of fact...i think he might gain supporters if he shot someone on 5th avenue.  that is how f#&%ed up the right is now

• TBH 1