Trump Legal Troubles

45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What a narcissistic nutbar. 

Finally an eventuality that I can agree with Trump. I can live with it if he is martyred.

The only reason he wants to be handcuffed and perp walked is because he knows that would play well with his brainless followers. Hopefully it’s taken care of behind the scenes so he doesn’t get his wish.

• TBH 2

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I like this conversation. But, I don’t know why we are having it where we should have updates about putting this piece of s#!t in prison. 

Sorry, I realize we got off topic there for a bit but this thread is going on 5 years old.  There’s been 50 pages of talk about putting this POS in prison and nada yet.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Finally an eventuality that I can agree with Trump. I can live with it if he is martyred.

The only reason he wants to be handcuffed and perp walked is because he knows that would play well with his brainless followers. Hopefully it’s taken care of behind the scenes so he doesn’t get his wish.

So, law enforcement should refuse to do what he wants.

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

He's a chicken s#!t.  If he really wanted to do the martyr thing and make America great again he'd do the self-immolation thing at his speech in Waco ala Thích Quảng Đức. 

Extra points for the Thich Quang Duc reference and culturally sensitive spell-check 

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Speaking of those brainless followers,  some say Trump has been treated worse than Jesus.

Do we need any more evidence that Trumpism is a cult, Trump is the cult leader, and his followers are idiots. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5ypd4/donald-trumo-arrest-jesus-christian-nationalism

In MAGA-world and Christian Nationalism circles, many Trump supporters see his imminent arrest as eerily similar to the crucification of Jesus Christ.

Some of Donald Trump’s supporters can’t help but see similarities between the plight of their beloved former president, who’s in hot water, legally-speaking, for alleged schemes surrounding hush money to an adult film star, and the suffering of Jesus Christ. 

The Manhattan District Attorney’s office is reportedly preparing to indict Trump in relation to a $130,000 payment from his lawyer and fixer to Stormy Daniels in exchange for her silence prior to the 2016 election. 

Trump has tried to cast himself as a victim of political persecution by “evil and sinister people,” who are “killing our nation as we sit back & watch” in a series of blustering social media posts in recent days.  

The former president has long played a key role in the imaginations of Christian nationalists, who believe America is an inherently Christian nation, should have Christian laws, and that Trump is their savior. Christian nationalist language has seeped into MAGA-world rhetoric, but Trump’s imminent arrest has taken it to new heights.  

Lawyer Joseph McBride, who is representing a handful of Jan. 6 defendants, thinks that the timing of Trump’s likely arrest is notable. 

“President Trump will be arrested during lent—a time of suffering and purification for the followers of Jesus Christ,” McBride wrote on Twitter. “As Christ was crucified, and then rose again on the 3rd day, so too will @realdonaldtrump.”

When he faced some pushback on comparing Trump’s plight to Jesus Christ’s hours-long torture, McBride doubled down. “JESUS LOVES DONALD TRUMP. JESUS DIED FOR DONALD TRUMP. JESUS LIVES INSIDE DONALD TRUMP,” McBride tweeted. “DEAL WITH IT.” 

Other Trump supporters see eerie similarities between the Manhattan DA and the Romans who crucified Jesus.

“Rome tried to silence a peaceful leader via political persecution, and ended up creating the most pervasive & permanent religious figure in all of world history,” MAGA-world influencer Reanna Dilley wrote on Twitter. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It would be a shame if the police “roughed him up a little”. :P

edit: sorry, the quote about arrests were for the police to “not be so nice”.

The original was about hecklers.

1 minute ago, commando said:

so when donny said he was going to be arrested on tuesday.....he just might have been a little bit dishonest.

He did that to create a sense of urgency.   We all know as soon as he made that statement, he messaged all of his Cheeto-heads the critical need to donate right away to help drain the swamp and get our country back

• TBH 1
On 3/21/2023 at 6:16 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is sort of why he's being charged. Until the actual indictment it's hard to say. 

But it seems Trump sent hush money to his lawyer, Michael Cohen, who then paid off Stormy Daniel's. This was to disguise that the money came from Trump himself, which seems like it was campaign money. Using campaign money to pay hush money is against campaign finance law; but using campaign money to pay a lawyer is legal.

Trump attempt to use a legal loophole by making Michael Cohen his middleman.

Thanks. good summary

On 3/21/2023 at 11:31 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Man, you really have been out of the country.

I do agree that Democrats have been really bad at messaging on issues. One of the reasons is that things like healthcare and immigration are complex and nuanced, and we've been tuned to like our messaging simple and angry. 

I think I know of who you speak. I have a neighbor that drank himself to the point of cirrhosis of the liver. On my run yesterday, I saw him. I am pretty sure he is on disability at this point. That would be a safety net provided primarily by the Dems. I am 90% sure he is a MAGA guy and if you try and sell him on Dem policies it wouldn’t matter or make a difference, but if you took his disability payment away…..

• Plus1 2
On 3/21/2023 at 12:19 PM, Born N Bled Red said:

Ha. No, Obamacare yes, it’s widely accepted, must recognize they'd be screwed if it went away. Welfare too. The thing about the republicans is they'll sit and suck of the government teat for decades and then rail about it when they see someone else (they don't like) get benefits, or anyone who gets more in benefits than they do. Republicans should change their party name to the  "No benefits for anyone, except me. Don't you touch my govt. handout!" party.

I See my last response to Guy…

honestly I know that my bro and his wife are on Obamacare. I will ask them what they think, but they are very liberal…or at least my sister in law is. I have very few people I know to ask about it.