Trump Legal Troubles

16 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Let's see, since he only has five or six plays in the playbook let's take a stab at it.

He won't call them Rinos as that doesn't apply.

He might play the Deep State card bit only because he's bats#!t crazy.

He could say it's fake news but that's easily refutable.  Never stopped him before though.

I know at some point he'll cry it's a witch-hunt but not sure he will on this.

I see one of two most likely options.  He'll either not address this and instead throw out a smoke bomb to deflect i.e. the right-wing froth over the "10 times bigger than Watergate" disinformation we've seen posted in another thread.  That's if he knows his former accountants can tack him to the wall if they see fit.  

Or if they can't and he's hopped up enough on Adderall, he'll call them weak, incompetent, and that he actually fired them first.  Still refutable but he doesn't care about the truth nor does his base.

I guess they went with the denial option - all is good.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/14/nyregion/mazars-trump-organization-financial-statements.html

In a statement, the Trump Organization said that while it was disappointed with Mazars’ decision, it viewed the letter as confirmation that the firm’s “work was performed in accordance with all applicable accounting standards and principles and that such statements of financial condition do not contain any material discrepancies.”

The company argued that Mazars’ characterization of its work “effectively renders the investigations by the D.A. and A.G. moot.”

Mazars first moved to split with the Trump Organization last spring, and wound down its work during a transition to a new accounting firm, according to people with knowledge of the relationship. But the letter withdrawing the statements represented a sharper break, and its disclosure in the court filing was the first time the end of the business relationship has been made public.

The New York statute can carry prison terms of up to 25 years.

"Where do you think this ends for Donald Trump and the Trump Organization?" Berman asked.

"Donald Trump will be indicted on a state racketeering charge, I'm confident of that," he said. "And perhaps in Westchester County, by Mimi Rocah, the new D.A. there and in Fulton County, Georgia, by Fani Willis, looking into voter fraud and now has a grand jury just for the purpose of investigating Trump's effort to interfere with the Georgia vote count," Johnston added.

• Plus1 2

This is heading to critical mass soon. The problem is, he'll drag down with him as much of the country as he can while catapulting to earth.  Surprising study in humanity how few of his supporters can see the narcissism for what it is and who would toss our democracy solely on his lies and rage farming.   :facepalm:

• Plus1 4
46 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

This is heading to critical mass soon. The problem is, he'll drag down with him as much of the country as he can while catapulting to earth.  Surprising study in humanity how few of his supporters can see the narcissism for what it is and who would toss our democracy solely on his lies and rage farming.   :facepalm:

he will plead the 5th time after time and /or talk over the questions with his accusations.   and his believers will lap it all up and spew whatever right wing mantra is spoon fed to them by the far right sights they pay attention to.   fox news, conservative treehouse, bannons war room,RT america....etc....    

• Plus1 2