Trump Legal Troubles

Honest question for any international law folks. How does this work?

If the plaintiffs win, what can be done?

Does Trump even need to respond?

If Trump fails to appear under subpoena, would he be arrested the next time he goes to Canada?

I really can't picture how this plays out.

Speaking of lawsuits, let's say Trump's claim that former President Obama had Trump Tower illegally wire-tapped...

What are the penalties for libel AND slander? Because Trump has vocally, and via "writing" (tweets) made these accusations.

It would appear to my non-lawyer mind that if these wire-tapping allegations prove false, this would be a slam dunk for convicting Trump of libel and slander.

Any lawyers on here wanna take a non-partisan stab at this?

Speaking of lawsuits, let's say Trump's claim that former President Obama had Trump Tower illegally wire-tapped...

What are the penalties for libel AND slander? Because Trump has vocally, and via "writing" (tweets) made these accusations.

It would appear to my non-lawyer mind that if these wire-tapping allegations prove false, this would be a slam dunk for convicting Trump of libel and slander.

His spokes people have very Coyly laid seeds that it's his belief, not fact. Not sure you can prosecut someone for their belief.

His spokes people have very Coyly laid seeds that it's his belief, not fact. Not sure you can prosecut someone for their belief.

But we're not talking about run of the mill beliefs that the Earth is flat. We're talking about serious accusations. That's why there are libel and slander laws.

Let's remember, Trump has, via spoken and "printed" (tweets) accused a former President of the United States of committing a felony crime.

If what Trump says is true, then he's covered. If it is false, under libel and/or slander laws he's guilty.

He made the allegations, therefore he has the burden of proof. Any lawyers care to correct me if I am wrong on this?

Doesn't matter what they said. He said it happened.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a joke. For reference, here is the incident in question. Absolutely abhorrent. I remember seeing it during the campaign and being disgusted.

Now, we can all agree protestors deserve no quarter at private gatherings and it's within the private party's rights to have them removed.

They also don't deserve to be manhandled, screamed at, peppered with slurs and otherwise violently shoved out of the place. I don't think she should have turned around and tried to talk back to angry men most likely under the influence who were determined to get in her face. But she may have just been standing up for herself, who knows? She claims she was greeted with the N-word among other colorful language.

I still remain appalled by this. A bunch of grown ass men running around looking for an excuse to misbehave. I've seen teenagers with more emotional maturity. And WHY? Because they're at a Trump rally, it's cool?

What would you do if you saw men doing THIS to a woman in any other location?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...