The Republican Utopia

25 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

With high-quality Millennial outreach programs like this, I'm completely shocked the GOP approval ratings among the younger generations are in the toilet.

Seriously. They should be relentlessly mocked for this level of  ineptitude.

Wtf?????

remember when republicans were so outraged because Clinton had the audacity to appoint his wife to help with policy?

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

@BigRedBuster @Comfortably Numb @TGHusker

What do you 3 want long term? At least 2 of you seem to want Democrats to win the House and Senate, but I'm guessing that's not what you want permanently.

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread so I may not know exactly what all you are referring to with that question. But based on the current crop of Repubs in Washington, yes, I would not be opposed to Democrats taking control of Congress. And you're right, that is probably not what I desire long term but until some Repubs get back to being fiscally conservative, quit placating racists, quit acting like these church and social issues are of utmost importance, then I've got not much use for them. I just want somebody, anybody, to take care of running this country without coming off like complete dipsh#ts. I'm very disillusioned with our government and am dealing with it by almost completely ignoring it.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread so I may not know exactly what all you are referring to with that question. But based on the current crop of Repubs in Washington, yes, I would not be opposed to Democrats taking control of Congress. And you're right, that is probably not what I desire long term but until some Repubs get back to being fiscally conservative, quit placating racists, quit acting like these church and social issues are of utmost importance, then I've got not much use for them. I just want somebody, anybody, to take care of running this country without coming off like complete dipsh#ts. I'm very disillusioned with our government and am dealing with it by almost completely ignoring it.

It wasn't really related to anything specific in the topic. Was just curious.

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

What do you 3 want long term? At least 2 of you seem to want Democrats to win the House and Senate, but I'm guessing that's not what you want permanently.

Typically, I would want fiscal conservatives in power who are more liberal socially than a historical republican. 

In the grand scheme of things, I want a good balance of power from two parties that differ in ideas but respect each other. 

To get there, the current crop of pathetic republicans need a strong message sent to them. 

• Plus1 3

Just another random thought. I've probably complained about it before.

After all the bulls#!t thrown at Obama, and now Trump, I wish he had been way more of an a-hole. I don't mean in his demeanor, but... he PURPOSELY put Republicans into positions. And he got no credit for it at all. He didn't need to do that. All the Republicans did to thank him for it was fight him over every damn thing.

The way Obama was treated, you'd think all his nominees were gay women or Muslims of Iranian descent with degrees in poetry.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

Today is the day of the PA18 special election for one of Pennsylvania's traditionally red seats in the US House.

This really sticks with me: " People who don't listen to Fox & talk radio have no IDEA how common this rhetoric is." It's true. Most of us live in a world where the only 'reasonable' people around us oppose and detest Trump. But 'reasonable' is completely arbitrary...

Christ, it's scary. Listen to how normal it all looks and sounds -- this is something our intense national focus on Trump obscures. Vote him down, do it again in November, and push back against the ugly tide sweeping over our nation, which results in such sweet-sounding kindly-looking men talking like this before a cheering crowd of jovial, laughing, everyday Americans.

Conversation on 1110KFAB this morning as I drove into work:

"Who's worse: a married State Senator with children kissing a female lobbyist (who's not his wife) at a bar, or the 'scumbag' that follows him around and records it?"

and go!

Edited by funhusker
  • Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Conversation on 1110KFAB this morning as I drove into work:

"Who's worse: a married State Senator with children kissing a female lobbyist (who's not his wife) at a bar, or the 'scumbag' that follows him around and records it?"

and go!

What letter is in parentheses next to the State Senator's name?

14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Go back to constitution honoring, efficient govt, fiscally sound conservative governance.  My main social issue  is the abortion issue but I believe there are ways for the sides to come together and stop the war over this issue.  As I posted before, the govt can be more socially and environmentally friendly while still be conservative in outlook - it is a matter of priorities. Addressing the real needs of the people and not those of special interest groups.

I can vote for a Dem unless they are radically pro-choice.  This current group of repubs are neither conservative or constitutional in the way they govern and only give lip service to pro-life issues  - they want the dividing wall to remain standing as a red meat / plantation issue.