The Republican Utopia

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is amazing with what has been going on with Russia. I bet the NRA (Russia...cough cough) pumped a huge amount into lobbying for this. 

I don't get how this is supposed to work.  What's to stop me from saying I donated half of my income to a certain non-profit group?  Couldn't I cite this law and tell the IRS to pack sand, I don't need to prove it?

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I don't get how this is supposed to work.  What's to stop me from saying I donated half of my income to a certain non-profit group?  Couldn't I cite this law and tell the IRS to pack sand, I don't need to prove it?

You would need a receipt from the charity. 

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They've been lying to us the whole time. Of course, most people didn't believe a word of it, but the proof is still hard to swallow.

Can congress or members of congress be sued for lying on something like this? I'm guessing it's never happened.

• Plus1 1

The absolute stupidity of this entire thing is that you know one of two things happened behind the scenes before this was released.

A)  People around Trump warned him that releasing this will prove Republicans were lying and the Democrats were actually telling the truth.  Trump doesn't actually read it himself but fully believes they are full of s#!t and demands the documents are released.

OR....

B)  People around Trump DON'T warn him that releasing this will prove Republicans were lying and the Democrats were actually telling the truth.  They do this either because of fear of his reaction OR their tired of his crap and want it released.

Either way, the Foxnews crowd won't read anything that shows what is actually in the application and they will fully believe Trump.

• Plus1 1