The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, Fru said:

I lol'd at the golden shower bit. Cohen is killing it with this show. He had to though. Now that it's aired, there is no way people will fall for his characters again. A writer on the show has stated that it just keeps getting crazier deeper into the season.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I lol'd at the golden shower bit. Cohen is killing it with this show. He had to though. Now that it's aired, there is no way people will fall for his characters again. A writer on the show has stated that it just keeps getting crazier deeper into the season.

You'd think that, but Republicans never cease to amaze me in their lack of critical thinking, willingness to abandon any moral compass, and overall buffoonery. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Fru said:

Despite what your opinion is of Maher, Nancy MacLean provided some pretty damn sobering insight. 

Agreed. I'm not Maher fan whatsoever but what she's talking about is interesting. Here are those "Liberty Amendments" she was talking about. Interesting, they were devised by Mark Levin, a big time conservative radio guy and apparently lawyer:

1. Impose Congressional term limits
  2. Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment, returning the election of Senators to state legislatures
  3. Impose term limits for Supreme Court Justices and restrict judicial review
  4. Require a balanced budget and limit federal spending and taxation
  5. Define a deadline to file taxes (one day before the next federal election)
  6. Subject federal departments and bureaucratic regulations to periodic reauthorization and review
  7. Create a more specific definition of the Commerce Clause
  8. Limit eminent domain powers
  9. Allow states to more easily amend the Constitution by bypassing Congress
  10. Create a process where two-thirds of the states can nullify federal laws
  11. Require photo ID to vote and limit early voting

So, you know, really only a good idea if you're a red-dead conservative or the Koch Brothers trying to purchase an even bigger slice of our politics.

The only ones I can really get behind at all are #3 and #8. And even then, the "limit judicial review" portion of #3 seems a bit suspect.

#2, #4, #6, #9, #10 and #11 drastically favor conservatives and red states. Essentially federalism on steroids.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

When the uncool Joe Walsh rips into Republicans, you know things have taken a pretty decided turn into dumpster fire territory.

What these blubbering idiots don't see is how this plays against them the other way.

Can you imagine what a Democrat could do in office if given this power that would make them absolutely go ballistic?

Fox News - Gone

Breitbart - Gone

Infowars - Gone

Rush - Gone

.....etc.

THEN...they would be crying TYRANNY!!!!!

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

When the uncool Joe Walsh rips into Republicans, you know things have taken a pretty decided turn into dumpster fire territory.

I would fire the person who created the survey if I was their boss. Unless of course my goal was to get a certain response.

The wording should not have been “bad behavior.” It should have been for “what the president thinks is bad behavior.”

“Bad behavior” stated as fact can mean law breaking or purposely lying or whatever the respondent imagines it to mean. If it’s merely the president’s opinion of “bad behavior,” that changes the meaning.

Still scary though. Without a free and reliable press, whoever is in charge can create their own version of reality.

• Plus1 1