The Republican Utopia

10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

An outspoken anti-Trump billionaire hedge fund manager drew less than 300 people in a metro area?

Not sure how to read your tone @TheSker  the article drills down pretty quick, and what I thought was interesting:

Three hundred is not a huge crowd in the big scheme of things. One of Trump’s trademark rallies would no doubt attract many times that number.

But the crowd — and its enthusiasm — also are not nothing in a county that gave Trump nearly 60 percent of the vote in 2016 and has voted Republican in every presidential election since 1940.

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, GSG said:

This encapsulates it so perfectly.

We've got money for a f#$%ing "Space Force," and unlimited golf trips, and all the little corrupt niceties that all these grifters that are currently heading up federal agencies happy, like personal flights, soundproof telephone booths, nice tables for their offices, tactical pants...

But we've got people in our own country struggling and scraping by to survive. I just found out my girlfriend's mom is back at the doctor being seen about recurring kidney issues which will likely require ANOTHER surgery. Last time this happened it was hell and crippled them financially. She has no idea what they'll do if it happens again.

But all these comic book villains running the federal government can't help us, because they're busy with all the graft and personal pet projects. You know, Space Force sounds pretty cool.

Whomever runs in 2020 needs "end the blatant corruption" as a central tenant. Simple but powerful.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

This encapsulates it so perfectly.

We've got money for a f#$%ing "Space Force," and unlimited golf trips, and all the little corrupt niceties that all these grifters that are currently heading up federal agencies happy, like personal flights, soundproof telephone booths, nice tables for their offices, tactical pants...

But we've got people in our own country struggling and scraping by to survive. I just found out my girlfriend's mom is back at the doctor being seen about recurring kidney issues which will likely require ANOTHER surgery. Last time this happened it was hell and crippled them financially. She has no idea what they'll do if it happens again.

But all these comic book villains running the federal government can't help us, because they're busy with all the graft and personal pet projects. You know, Space Force sounds pretty cool.

Whomever runs in 2020 needs "end the blatant corruption" as a central tenant. Simple but powerful.

You mean something like "drain the swamp!" ?

So simple it might just work :(

• Plus1 1

Can't the government just lie to Trump and tell him there's a space force and a border wall. 

It might even be a clever way to get rid of trump. We tell him he's going to visit his new space station/trump hotel on the moon we paint space force on the side of a rocket launch his dumb fat ass into the sun.

• Plus1 2